some body just T-boned my sister's car!!!!

batibot

this happened about almost a week ago ...she's not hurt but we found out that the guy who hit her only has liability insurance( he ran a RED light and hit my sis on the drivers side) I think the car is totalled both axle is broken air bags popped!!

Man I hate people who ran red light's just to save a couple of seconds!!!!!

Will his insurance cover everything?7.gif

Batbot,

Glad your sister is ok!

Most likely Your sisters insurance will repair/replace/or junk your sister car,and give her what the book value is! Hopefully! Then in most cases like this your insurance company will go after the guy who caused the accident insurance company (call subrogation)..... to recover there losses.

Good Luck, and I am glad no one got hurt!

EDIT: SKeptic: your posts are not even close to being funny; members here will let each other know of our problems/to see if we can either help, or if nothing more than to lend morale support!!!

14.gif

Oh, I'm sorry, I see I am in the "Home Audio >> Morale And Understanding" section of the Klipsch forum. Not the "Home Audio >> Home Theater" section I thought I was in! My mistake!

Pshh. Please, Can you imagine what the HT forum would look like, if every yahoo and yokel posted what was going on in their lives as a new topic? I mean, there are thousands of users here, you want each of them to complain about their crappy days in NEW topics? It quickly makes the signal to noise ratio high, and makes wading through crap posts like this one a day to day reality.

And I stand by the fact that this forum is NOT about morale and understanding of people. This fourm is about AUDIO. Klipsch Audio to be exact. If you want a forum for Morale and Understanding, I can direct you to one , send me a PM.

I will admit, even I am amused from time to time with little jokes, or something that happened in someones day...but come on, your sister (not you) was in a car accident A WEEK AGO, shes not hurt...Why is this news to any of us? Tell your sister to come post it here herself, then I *might* care (Is she hot?). And then, "Will his insurance cover everything?" How the heck are we supposed to know! Why didn't you....*gasp*...call your insurance company and ask someone who *Actually knows*. Didn't think of that did you...instead, you go find a forum full of insurance experts...oh wait...,no you came to an AUDIO forum. More specifically, the HOME THEATER section.

Please, keep your problems either:

1. To yourself, or

2. atleast in the general questions , or promedia sections, so I (and all the other people who want to talk about/ hear about Home Theater) won't be bothered with them anymore.

The guy's liability insurance, if he has it, will cover the damage to the car. If not, as Bill mentioned, your sister's company will pay and then subrogate. In my opinion, red light running is a serious matter and the penalties need to be substantial.

Glad sis is ok.

batibot: the general questions section would have been a better place to initiate this discussion.

skeptic: the topic should have provided a clue that this wasn't about HT. It would have been easy to avoid. No joking matter here.

Batibot,

we are praying for your sister, and we hope that she will be fully compensated for her loss with a minimum of hassle. Don't let other people try to ruin your day. There is too much negative in lives without getting slagged here on the forum.

My wife once had a half hour ear surgery that insurance did not cover. It took her seven years to pay it off, so we hope your sis does not endure hardship trying to get back on her feet.

When life starts to get heavy, feel free to post here. If we can help share the load or lighten your spirit, we are gladdened.

Skeptic, if you want audio only, hit audio asylum or another website where people are more aligned with your viewpoint. We give out group hugs when needed on this forum1.gif

" skeptic: the topic should have provided a clue that this wasn't about HT. It would have been easy to avoid. No joking matter here. "

I never said I didn't know from the topic the post was off-topic. I could easily avoid it. And as more and more people post offtopic cruft... sure I could wade through their posts too.Just like the spam in my email box.

But... Nope, I prefer to remind people to stop cluttering up the forums with ill-placed topics. This is not news to any of us, he doesn't need moral support, noone was hurt! He wasn't even *involved* in the accident! Want me to start posting random craziness in new topics?

My sister broke her glasses, what should I do? My mom swallowed a marble, what will happen? My dad likes SET, should I put him in an asylum? My Aunt finshed writing her novel about quilting, should I read it?

No joking matter here? Please, it's about a car accident a *WEEK* ago! It's not like someone was hurt...but....let me repeat,it happened a *WEEK* ago. If people continue to post offtopic in the Home Theater forum, I will continue to make fun of their off-topic comments.

Twice as much when the off-topic comments are dumb, like soliciting information about what will happen in an insurance case, to random people on message boards, who don't know the facts of the incident at all. He should also have gotten some legal advice while he was here.

Skeptic,

I noticed you have a grand total of six posts. You don't have the senority to dictate, or influence, what is and is not superfluous on the forum. The flip rejoinder you tossed off re. the speakers shows all where your concern lies. It has been duly noted you don't give a tinker's **** about anything outside of home theatre, yet you are providing a melodrama here.

Start a new thread about something positive, unless you desire more bad attention. Maybe talk about your great Klipsch home theatre speakers. This thread is one of support, not attack! You are the one making this the hot topic in home theatre, while neglecting the countless threads that you view as more important. Hope your New Year's is filled with thoughts of great home theatres2.gif

"I noticed you have a grand total of six posts. You don't have the senority to dictate, or influence, what is and is not superfluous on the forum"

Dave, thanks for your concern. This is a brand new account, you can be assured that my previous one has many more posts. I hope now that makes me more important to you.

With your concern evidenced for others, no, it does not. I have read posts of yours in the past that I found to be witty and humorous. I hope you will recover from your state of micromyopia in time to wish Batibot and his sister good will. It does take more effort to be out of sorts than it does to wish others good will and peace.

May you find peace,

Dave

Sorry to hear about the accident. I am glad that your sister is O.K. Accidents are a real pain in the keester because they disrupt our dailey routines never the less the anxiety over the insurance, getting a replacement car, etc. Fortunatly no one was hurt and hopefully your sister can put this behind her soon. NOW...... in regards to Skeptic, I actually had a giggle about him asking if the speakers were O.K., Hell this is a speaker forum is it not? Was it inappropiate? Yeah I guess it was but I still found the humor in it just the same. FLAME AWAY!

I agree, I have no ill will towards batibot or his sister. I wish them the best. I'm just becoming more and more annoyed with offtopic posts. Some post had to be made an example of.

You seem like a intelligent person, doesn't it make sense to keep things on topic? With ontopic posts, people are here because they want to read posts of that nature. With ontopic posts, all of the information is nicely organized by topic.

Off topic posts are like throwing a wrench in things. Topics become disorganized, it slows down searches (which with the new site design are already bad...), it wastes an entire collective groups time. It is just like SPAM in our email.

At some point in time everyone must realize there are rules. These rules are here to protect the group. They may not be written rules, but they are accepted. Anyone on the internet should know (or learn) how to post, and what to post. USENET was ruined by cross-posters in the wrong subjects, now it is pretty much dead (although slowly coming back).I've been on so many forums where it starts off with a few outside of topic posts then..then advertisments for commercial products...it just gets worse and worse, until usefull information is lost in the noise.

Was this guys post worth this much argument? Nope, not at all. But if anyone saw this and realized they should post in the proper section, then it was to me.

Lets end this here, and from now on post all further craziness somewhere else, maybe the two-channel forum, they are always doing stuff like this in there. ;)

----------------

On 12/30/2003 3:18:18 PM skeptic wrote:

Was this guys post worth this much argument?

----------------

It must mean that much to you - take a look at the total word count and you lead the pack on this thread.

----------

On 12/30/2003 3:18:18 PM skeptic wrote:

Lets end this here, and from now on post all further craziness somewhere else, maybe the two-channel forum, they are always doing stuff like this in there. ;)

-----------

I must say - I came over from the 2 channel area cause I heard there was an interesting post over here

2.gif

"I must say - I came over from the 2 channel area ..."

Exactly, you crazy old 2 channel guys are always up to stuff like this, I should have suspected you'd enjoy some flames.

I even made a reference to you 2 channel people in my 2:22 post :

"My dad likes SET, should I put him in an asylum?"

Guess noone thought that was funny either.