Gary--here is what you need to mate with your 7C!!

Allan Songer

----------------

On 1/2/2004 11:16:53 AM Allan Songer wrote:

I think they will go for MUCH more than $7K. I once had a pair of these about 20 years ago and sold them because I was so poor I had to raise cash to put a new transmission in my truck. **Sigh**

----------------

About 20 years ago, I sold complete sets of topps 1955 and 1956 baseball cards in perfect condition that my uncle gave me when I was a kid for $350. Had to buy food for the family. That was right before the big card boom hit. At one point they were worth about $15k I think. **Sigh**

----------------

On 1/2/2004 4:35:36 PM mike stehr wrote:

I hit Dean up on those 9's, he thought I was funny.

It would be the last amps he'd buy for awhile.
1.gif
----------------

Yup because he would be broke ! They maybe a great set of amps and hold some nice collector value. But I bet there sound can easily be matched for much less cash spent. I mean be realistic hear. What would possibly be so ultra special in them to make them worth so much more in sound production then other offerings or some no holds barred custom project ?

Craig

"What would possibly be so ultra special in them to make them worth so much more in sound production then other offerings or some no holds barred custom project ?"

They are collectable.

I'm with ya on the no holds barred custom project, but the custom project won't net you the return as the Marantz if you were to sell them.

Point taken, however.

Yea I was just mentioning the point that amps like the Marantz are for people that buy them at least partially to keep and sale many years down the road. A guy like Dean who like to move gear like most people eat its just not a smart buy ! I personally think spending 7K on any set of amps is crazy unless you have money to just burn through. There is nothing in sound quality that could ever advocate such a price.

Craig

----------------

On 1/3/2004 4:06:07 PM NOSValves wrote:

----------------

On 1/2/2004 4:35:36 PM mike stehr wrote:

I hit Dean up on those 9's, he thought I was funny.

It would be the last amps he'd buy for awhile.
1.gif"
----------------

Yup because he would be broke ! They maybe a great set of amps and hold some nice collector value. But I bet there sound can easily be matched for much less cash spent. I mean be realistic hear. What would possibly be so ultra special in them to make them worth so much more in sound production then other offerings or some no holds barred custom project ?

Craig

----------------

Craig,

Agreed. I always think about that after buying a new and overpriced car or truck. In 93'/94?, I bought a new twin turbo Supra. The sticker price was $48,000. (at the time, lots of $ for a Jap sport car ) I loved it, but always wondered what could be had, with $48,000 into an old Vet,Mustang,Firebird,etc.

tc