My new toy

hightone

I just got it today. So far I am very pleased with it. It has brand new Svetlana 6L6's in it so got to break them in. It cas also use el34's and kt66's from what I understand. Input tubes are ecc83 and ecc85 .Any good tube suggestions? Has any one heard the 834 phono stage? I was thing of getting it down the road. 3.gif

post-10073-13819251377762_thumb.jpg

Tim de Paravicini always is well-received in the audio world, whether it's his EAR phono (which turns up used for a bargain all the time - black version much cheaper while the chrome option is a looker) or his rather unique amplifier designs. His 12AX7 power amp got all sorts of buzz as well. I never heard it.

Nice amp. His stuff makes for great sculpture as well.

DSC00150.JPG

kh

----------------

On 1/8/2004 11:46:58 PM hightone wrote:

Thanks all. It sounds fantastic I can't get over it. Yea it's pretty too . I would got it even if it was not. My first choice was an airtight atm1 but it sold so I got this one. I am happy with it.
----------------

That's a beautiful amp. Do they have a website? Or can you point me to a place where I can read up and get prices on them?

Thanks!