need music suggestions

scrambler400

Hey,

Only within the past few months have a started expanding my taste in music to include jazz and other similar types of music. I like some Sypro Gyra. I like music with a strong bass(either guitar or upright) such a victor wooten. I also really enjoy Dire Straights(not jazz but...) I was just wondering what you guys listen to for fairly critical listening. stricly two channel.

I fear people will suggest Dianna Kroll, and it will start another explosive thread of kroll fans vs. kroll aposers such as was on here about a month ago haha.

Thanks guys

As a die hard classic rocker, I sometimes listen to Jazz when it is time to mellow out. Spyra Gyra is one of my favorites. I also like to listen to the Rippingtons, FourPlay, David Sanbor, Boney James and others in this category. Check them out. You may want to try to get a feel for this type by downloading their music through KaZaa or something similiar on your computer first to see if you like it. You can burn it on a CD, if you have one, before you run out and purchase any CD's.

Good Luck

spyro gyra. hehe. i have many of their cd's and like them, but always refer to them as "yuppie jazz". 2.gif

i'm a screaming trumpet fan...played up until i got out of college. check out Arturo Sandoval if you want to hear some powerful jazz trumpet. 3.gif i recommend his cd "Danzon" and "Latin Train" for starters. simply godlike. seen him 4 times in concert and it always blows me away.

for deep bass...Bela Fleck and the Flecktones is good. "Flight of the Cosmic Hippo" is a good demo track for friends.

Guest Anonymous

Try Stanley Clark, one of the best bass guitarists ever, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Miles Davis, Billy Cobham, Weather Report, Crusaders, Jack Bruce, and have fun doing it2.gif

Smilin