RSW-12 vs JBL 12" Northridge

Taylor189

----------------

On 1/13/2004 10:19:03 AM Taylor189 wrote:

The E250PCH was the one I was looking at. I want the best sub for the money of the two. I am going to use them with my computer, so I don't want to spend too much on this sub.

----------------

I think the RSW-12 would be a little overkill for ur PC. Maybe try an RW8,RW10 or RW12, a lot cheaper too.

1.gif

LOL

I used an Aerial SW12 with my Dynaudio Contour 1.1 with my PC 9.gif And ...and...it was groteque OVERKILL.

The PC sound does not deserve this much quality and definition.

Now I use a plain ProMedia Ultra 5.1,MegaWorks 510D and other PC speakers and its a ok...helped by a few HT subs

1.gif

Oh yes to answer the question...the RSW12 beats the JBL competition listed.Its definition and impact are second to none in its price range.

yes, there is a HUGE difference. And if I'm not mistaken the KSW would still be alot more expensive than the 12" JBL sub. I'm still a little curious which one would be the best. I really don't want to spend over $400 for a new sub, since its going to be used for my computer.

----------------

On 1/14/2004 12:17:20 AM KiNNi C P wrote:

KSW and RSW...........very BIG DIFFERENCE

----------------

You looking at new or used? i ask simply because the KSW12 has been discontinued and replaced with the RW12. The RW series are quite a bit better than the KSW series even though they sell for about the same price.

----------------

On 1/15/2004 9:59:53 AM Taylor189 wrote:

I only have about 400-500 to spend on a new sub, so I might have to get used, I'm not sure yet. I have a set of 5.1 Ultras, but I don't want to get a SWS because they can't hit low enough. I don't want just more volume, I want something that can dig deeper.
----------------

In that price range, I think the Hsu VTF-2 would be the best sub. It will easily out class the KSW-12 and E250. The VTF-2 competes very well with sub that cost much more. If you can spend a tiny bit more, the SVS 25-31PCi is a very good subwoofer as well.

----------------

On 1/15/2004 8:28:32 PM Taylor189 wrote:

Is there anything decent under $400?

----------------

The sub that come to mind is the Adire Audio RAVA which got good reviews... including at RAVA review at Secrets Home Theather and HiFi.

It sells for 399$ direct only.

Rob

Edit: I just noticed the HSU price is shipping included while the Adire is without shipping. 15.gif

The Adire Rava is an excellent choice.

You can also check out the Hsu STF-2 which is suppossed to have similar performance to the VTF-2 when in it's maximum extension mode. At Comp USA you can check if it's in stock at a store near you(not sold online).

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?sid=3FCD278050B8E17F&product_code=305934&pfp=BROWSE

I just want to point out that Hsu had a run of STF-2 subs that had a bad seal around the driver(wrong thickness) and it would leak air. Hsu said only a few drivers had this and it's been taken care of. If you get a bad one you can try to exchange for another at Comp USA, have Hsu replace it under warranty, or just put weather stripping or rope caulk yourself.