home theater recievers

ric

heres the thing, currently ive been using the onkyo tx-sr701 and its a very good reciever and has the power im looking for.BUT.,im looking for that real clean sound with a snap, if you know what i mean. the onkyo is nice and warm but really lacks in low end frequency. im using the klipsch rf-7s in the front, and have the rs3ii's as the surrounds. what is the best match for these klipsch speakers? any advice would be welcomed. thanks .

Your opening a can of worms with this question! Everyone seems to think their amp or reciever does a better job than the other person. Personally I really happy with my reciever, although yammys get slammed on this forum. Ever thought about adding a powered sub to your system for improved low end? Good Luck in your quest, remember room sizes and speaker location play a big part on sound!!!LATER2.gif

Well Ric I think your Onkyo and RF-7s would be plenty of bass for me! Have you tried turning the bass up? Klipsch are pretty flat speakers without some equilization. I dont think your Onkyo receiver is prejudice to the bass frequencies! If thats not getting it go for the RSW-15. And dont forget to take it easy on the neighbors!

The Onkyo receiver does not have enough power available for transients to drive your RF-7s. You can get a better receiver or you can add an external amp of two to five channels. I owned Onkyo before I changed to Pioneer Elite.

My recommendation is to add the external amp as the Onkyo processor is very good. The amp would be anywhere from 125 to 200 watts. There are many good brands available. I am useing a B&K amp for its warm sound.

The external amp should last for many years and is the first step toward separates. In the long run separates will provide better sound.

Bill