car sub-home sub

psypathic

I gave my old DLK Model 3 loudseakers to my son, know the 12's in them were in mediocre shape.... the seakers lasted about two weeks. Since hes into bass heavy music, I ended up getting a pair of Audiobahn AW 1251's for 42 bucks apiece at www.ikesound.com They are dual 4 ohm voice coils so I wired them for 8 ohm and with his Onkyo reciever (100 watts/chanel@8 ohm, but they'll do 4 ohm load easy per Onkyo) these things are shaken the friggin walls bad! and it's surpisingly clean for the price! ther're in the original encloser which has a 2.5" X 8" port. I think I may go to a 4" port and possibly face the rear with it....Its kind of a fun little experiment. Tuning the speakers for hip hop...never thought I'd see me doing this,LOL. I dont even like the crap,LOL. But now its a sick little challenge.

"My favorite Audiobahn spec is PHAT 2" surround on a driver with +/- 8mm of excursion. My Tempest does 16mm and uses a 1" surround."

Yes good eye,Audiobahn woofers may look the part but they are overpriced and get stomped by woofers costing way less and looking like sheep.

MTX,JL Audio and Kicker make much more potent woofers than Audiobahn. And Adire's car super woofers stomp on Audiobahn and cost less.

You want performance and looks try the new top of the line JLAudio masterpieces,Audiobahn is a joke.

----------------

On 1/20/2004 9:48:46 PM TheEAR wrote:

"My favorite Audiobahn spec is PHAT 2" surround on a driver with +/- 8mm of excursion. My Tempest does 16mm and uses a 1" surround."

Yes good eye,Audiobahn woofers may look the part but they are overpriced and get stomped by woofers costing way less and looking like sheep.

MTX,JL Audio and Kicker make much more potent woofers than Audiobahn. And Adire's car super woofers stomp on Audiobahn and cost less.

You want performance and looks try the new top of the line JLAudio masterpieces,Audiobahn is a joke.

----------------

Yes, I agree with TheEar on JLAudio, currently I have 3 JLAudio 10 W6v2's in my car. They go for about $399.00 a pop, but I am very satisfied with them and their performance. I only paid $189.00 each for them since I got them at cost from my friend who works at a Car Audio Store. Perhaps you should take a look at the W7's, they are unreal and handle 1500+RMS. They run in the high 700., but I can promise you that you get everything you pay for.