Panny 47" or 53"

lovedrummin

I'm looking into purchasing either a Panasonic PT47WX53 or PT53WX53, hopefully in the next couple of months. The room it will be in is 12'X12'. Has anyone had any experience with either of these models. Any pros and cons regarding these models.I was also wondering if the the base and the screen are all one piece or two separate pieces to be attached. I have a tight corner to navigate to get the RPTV in the room. Thanks

I agree the 47" would probably be enough for that room size. I sometimes wish I had gone to a next bigger size, but only turn mine on Sat. and Sun. so not a big deal really. Without looking at those models, have never seen a RPTV that was in two pieces, wouldn't make sense with the mirrors and lenses. Ken had a good point, you could probably get some goodies with the price difference.

I own a Panasonic 47wx49, basically the same as the 47wx53 just doesnt have the screen protector on it, which videophiles dont like because of the glare it can cause. If you dont have kids I'd try to find a 47wx49 if I were you. You just dont want to have people touching your screen thats all. Anyhow the TV is one piece, and I think the 47" is plenty for a 12x12 room, mine is in a 13x14 and I wouldnt want anything bigger in there. You'll want to leave some room for the home theater equipment and speakers not to mention a place to sit! lol Plus youll get a better picture off standard viewing material with a little distance between you and the screen. I have to say I love my set, Ofcourse I upgrade from a 25" bottom of the line set, so its been a huge difference for me. One piece of advice about RPTV's dont expect the picture to be perfect out of the box your going to have to spend some time setting it up, doing the convergence and tweaking the picture. Here's a good site to get info and tweaks about panasonic RPTV's http://panny.tv/ 2.gif

My RC-3 is about 23"X8"X8". Hopefully that will sit on top of the Panny alright. I'm still a little confused as to whether or not these two Pannys are two piece units or not. Do you have any info on this Easylistener? As far as width, the 53 cabinet is only about 2 inches wider than the 47, so I'd basically have about the same amount of room along the wall for my A/V gear, main speakers, sub etc. I'm still not sure about the viewing distance between the two. It's hard to tell at the local Circuit City or BestBuy. They're not side by side which would be better for comparing them.