How About Those Patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3dzapper

Man, I love my Pats, and I loved watching them pound the Colts into submission, but watch out. Carolina has been underestimated all year long.

It's going to be strength against strength when the Pats are on D - Ted Washington vs. Stephen Davis - but our edge happens when Brady gets the ball. Ricky Manning will not get the kinds of easy picks off Brady that he did off Mr. Overrated in the NFC title game.

That said, this is two gutsy teams who always manage to find ways to win. Who comes out on top? Whoever has more guts. Gonna be a Super Bowl for the ages, this one.

I will say to all the Pats fans, I was very, very impressed. I was feeling the hype with Manning in his zone, and thought he was unstoppable. They did put the "LAW" down on them, but Carolina is no sleeper either. Many alayst say that they are the New England team 2 years ago when they won the Super Bowl.

However, Brady and those damn short, quick passes is almost unstoppable. I am a huge Steelers fan, and I saw them do it to us, in our own back yard 2 years ago. This team is good, and I think their defense is even better now than then.

>>but Carolina is no sleeper either. Many alayst say that they are the New England team 2 years ago when they won the Super Bowl.<<

Yes, that's the party line at the moment and for good reason. One big difference between now and 2001, and I do mean big: the Panthers of this year are like the Patriots of 2001 but the Patriots of this year are nothing like the Rams of 2001. Both teams had great success, yes. Both were/are picked as the likely winners, yes again. But here's where it changes:

-This Patriots team is led by a very strong defense. Defense wins championships and that alone is an important point in the Patriots favor.

-Many believe the Rams overlooked the Patriots in SB 36. The Patriots never overlook anyone. You can't win 14 in a row by overlooking a team because you think you are better than them (hello Rams)

-Bill Belichick. This will be SB trip number 5 for him (2 wins with the Giants as D-coordinator, 1 as D-coordinator with the 96 Patriots, and his 2nd as head coach of the Patriots). He knows what is needed to win in these games. Martz didn't and he was widely considered to be outcoached 2 years ago and admitted as much. By now everyone knows that Belichick is the NFL's resident defensive genius. The Rams lost the SB because of Martz trying to shove the pass down the throat of the Patriots instead of going to Faulk, who Belichick correctly determined as the key to the Rams offense. Belichick had a linebacker shadowing Faulk the entire game.

Yes, I'm scared of the Panthers because they remind me of my Patriots, both of 2 years ago and this year. But if the Panthers do win, it won't be because of the resemblance to the Patriots of 2001, that will just be coincidence.

Go Patriots!!!