Two days audition(torture?) from Bose car stereo system

ccsakura

Hi guys. I just had snow skiing with friends for two days and followed a car with bose car stereo system........... just tried to sit different places in the car to audit about the difference. And it came out........... man that was absolutely torturing for 2days! I sit at the back seats most of the time and found out the bass couldn't even transfer to from corner to back seat in opposite side! That was a Nissan Pathfinder(not a big car definitely, like 4-6feet from sub to my seat). I was just surprised how could the bose did that amazing aroustic thing(well I needed to sleep in the car, no muffle's better 9.gif ).

Another thing I tried was the driver loved to bring on some popular songs. And I was just shocked....... not because of anything but the subwoofer can't give anything other than muffling when it's down to around 50hz or lower(I could hear around 50hz because I got SB 1.1 which limited around 50hz and where they start to muffle for those songs). And the tremble? Can't even get to mid-high, they were all gone........ crap the promedia 4.1 I had did much better than that system that I'd define it.

I really wonder how much would it cost for such system? 14.gif

----------------

On 1/18/2004 10:41:18 PM ccsakura wrote:

Hi guys. I just had snow skiing with friends for two days and followed a car with bose car stereo system...........

----------------

Just out of couriosity, where did you go skiing? I just got back from a couple of days of skiing myself at Massanutten in Virginia (which is where I am on the ski patrol).

Sorry about the "Bose Experience" in the car. Oh well, I am still using the stock system in my Saturn so I cannot imagine that would be all that much better than the Bose.

----------------

On 1/19/2004 2:22:57 PM skonopa wrote:

Just out of couriosity, where did you go skiing? I just got back from a couple of days of skiing myself at Massanutten in Virginia (which is where I am on the ski patrol).

Sorry about the "Bose Experience" in the car. Oh well, I am still using the stock system in my Saturn so I cannot imagine that would be all that much better than the Bose.

----------------

Just went to Blue Mountain @ Penn state. When I just heard of the name...... I wonder how many mountains are named "Blue Mountain" in the world? 9.gif

I'd say not much better except the bass(well at least the air started to move and u can feel a bit). But I'd say the mid and high were much the same or even worse than the car's stock one

----------------

On 1/19/2004 10:52:04 AM Bill H. wrote:

cc,

I am glad you got to at least get some good skiing in......sorry to hear of your tortured driving experience!

I entile the attachment as

"God I can't believe how much money I wasted on this system..........................."

----------------

Thank you 3.gif . This was the first time skiing in my life......... easier than I expected(didn't become a snowball and rolling down and a light fell for once only 10.gif )

BTW I didn't really get into car stereo(since I don't own a car yet). Is there any really better one on the market?(I can't see Klispch works on car stereo.... where did Klipsch go 8.gif )

----------------

On 1/19/2004 6:42:11 PM ccsakura wrote:

Just went to Blue Mountain @ Penn state. When I just heard of the name...... I wonder how many mountains are named "Blue Mountain" in the world?
9.gif

----------------

Okay, I know where that is at. Just north of Allentown up there in the Poconos. I've been there myself. I loved skiing down that really steep run they have there "Challenge". I may try to get a trip up there this year. One of my friends is a ski instructor up at Shawnee, which is another moutain not to far from there.

Yeah, I don't know of any others named "Blue Mountain", but there is also a "Blue Knob" ski area in Pennsylvania, and people often get those two confused.

The two days I spend there, I did not have to pay one cent for lift tickets - one of the nice benefits of being on the ski patrol - often can get comp tickets at other moutains.

As to what this has to do with Bose and car audio? - absolutly nothing 11.gif.

----------------

On 1/20/2004 12:29:25 AM skonopa wrote:

Okay, I know where that is at. Just north of Allentown up there in the Poconos. I've been there myself. I loved skiing down that really steep run they have there "Challenge". I may try to get a trip up there this year. One of my friends is a ski instructor up at Shawnee, which is another moutain not to far from there.

Yeah, I don't know of any others named "Blue Mountain", but there is also a "Blue Knob" ski area in Pennsylvania, and people often get those two confused.

The two days I spend there, I did not have to pay one cent for lift tickets - one of the nice benefits of being on the ski patrol - often can get comp tickets at other moutains.

As to what this has to do with Bose and car audio? - absolutly nothing
11.gif

----------------

Wow nice skiing support that you have 9.gif

It has a little to do with the Bose, which skiing is much better entertain than listening to the Bose 11.gif

----------------

On 1/19/2004 10:52:04 AM Bill H. wrote:

cc,

I am glad you got to at least get some good skiing in......sorry to hear of your tortured driving experience!

I entiled the attachment as

"Wow look how much money I spent on this stupid system".................

----------------

I like this version better. Copy's been edited for accuracy...

post-12317-1381925151742_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 1/20/2004 3:38:11 PM ccsakura wrote:

It has a little to do with the Bose, which skiing is much better entertain than listening to the Bose
11.gif

----------------

You are certainly correct there! 9.gif I'll take a day of skiing over a day of listening to Bose anytime, even if the weather outside is crappy. 10.gif

----------------

On 1/20/2004 6:44:34 PM skonopa wrote:

----------------

On 1/20/2004 3:38:11 PM ccsakura wrote:

It has a little to do with the Bose, which skiing is much better entertain than listening to the Bose
11.gif

----------------

You are certainly correct there!
9.gif
I'll take a day of skiing over a day of listening to Bose anytime, even if the weather outside is crappy.
10.gif

----------------

I'd prefer a day of skiing in a Florida swamp, gators and all, over a day of listening to Bose.

14.gif

"Yeah, I don't know of any others named "Blue Mountain", but there is also a "Blue Knob" ski area in Pennsylvania, and people often get those two confused."

There's one in Jamiaca, where a great, $50/lb, coffee bean is grown,(amongst other things) but I'm gonna doubt they offer skiing. However, the bobsled team must practice somewhere's.

11.gif9.gif

Bose home audio is rightly criticized on this forum... But the Bose CAR systems?

I'm on my second car now with a factory Bose system, and they were both excellent... This one even more than the first. Tight, clean, and impressive, though not nearly as fun as sitting home listening to the same music on my Klipsch system. :)

My Acura has a stock BOSE system and it really does sound pretty good. I've heard better but it really isn't bad at all. The sub is in the middle of the back shelf ( or whatever you call that) to the trunk with speakers in each door. It may sound worse in an SUV but mine's livable.