RF-3 II vs RF-35

jjputz

I was thinking about buying a set of RF-35 $660 for a pair

then I saw the RF-3 II for $548 for the pair

they both have the same frequency responce 37Hz-20Hz

but the RF-3 II 150 watt maximam Ws 125 for the RF-35

I'm thinking about going eith the RF-35 because the woofers are magnetically sheilded and newer.

however the RF-3 II are a little cheaper

there online at hookedontronics

is there much differance between them?

The two are quite similar. However the RF-35 is a refinement of the RF-3. The tweeter is a bit different and the crossover sends any info below 2600 Hz to the low frequency drivers. The RF-3's crossover point is a bit lower, at 1975 Hz. This might result in a smoother midrange. However, if you could place yourself in a situation where you can hear and compare both, that would be ideal.

----------------

On 1/20/2004 1:20:37 PM jjputz wrote:

I was thinking about buying a set of RF-35 $660 for a pair

then I saw the RF-3 II for $548 for the pair

they both have the same frequency responce 37Hz-20Hz

but the RF-3 II 150 watt maximam Vs 125 for the RF-35

I'm thinking about going eith the RF-35 because the woofers are magnetically sheilded and newer.

however the RF-3 II are a little cheaper

there online at hookedontronics

is there much differance between them?

----------------

Sorry for OT, but where did u see RF-35 for a pair @ $660?? The cheapest I've ever seen would be around 750 at least including shipping?

They must of had a sale at 6th ave just checked it out went back up to $799

But how do you like them?

There a store near me that has the RF-35's, which I liked, but did not have the RF-3II's

so far looking at the postings i've got one thumbs up for the RF-3II's

any other replies?

9.gif

I listened to the RF-35s and the RF-3IIs. Personally, I preferred the sound of the RF-3II. Not to mention, I got the same deal at 6th Ave. here in NJ for $4959.gif Also picked up the RC-3II from them for only $199!! I think the deal is still on last time I checked. The salesman told me it would remain that way until they cleared their inventory. Now if they would only discount those darn RS-3IIs7.gif

It's been said before on other threads regarding price on specific models but here goes again: Visit your local dealers and ask them if they price match - most will not match Internet store but will match prices from other stores. I found a store quoting prices matching online if you include the freight. Infact one store went even lower than the online pricing to beat an area dealer! The worst they can do is just say no. I found the discounts are in the 25% range.

Ahh! if only I lived in the garden state - 6 ave says they don't ship.

The good guys website says the RF3-II's are $499 a piece - but they do include shipping.

Hookedontronics are currently out of stock but the guy says they should be in at the end of the month - so in the meantime I'll keep scouting - so far I ordered my

YAMAHA HTR-5660 RECEIVER - $350 , SV16-46PCi - $700, and rc3-$250 inluding shipping

I still need the RF3 II and the RS II

I told my wife I'd keep the system under $2000 It doesn't look like I'm gonna make it - I'll be in trouble when she finds out.

11.gif

Thanks to a member who steered me to an autherized dealer I picked up a pair of RF3 II for $600 - they even shipped them for another $40.

Picked up a set of RS3-II for $390 also. so far into the system I went to $2390. However, I still might have to buy another RC3-II for the rear center channel.

incedently I bought a YAMAHA HTR-5660 RECEIVER - intead of the HK (money issue). It sounded pretty good in the store. Did I do bad on my receiver choice?

----------------

On 2/7/2004 3:29:57 PM device manager wrote:

Hi, we don't have Good Guys here. However, could you please give me their phone numbers and I'll call to see if they'll ship one out to me.

Thanks so much!

----------------

Just my curious, isn't the good guys are mainly stick to the west coast? It's one of the reason that I couldn't get to any good guys stores in NY