SVS-How long does it normally take?

FirebirdTN

Okay...I know this isn't an SVS forum, but its one of the few HT boards I am registered at...

Building basically my first very low end HT system, I have my receiver, and my speakers. I opted for the Quintet IIs. Space isn't an issue, but placement is, so floor-standers/bookshelves were just out of the question.

Now, as I was saving up to get my sub, I had my eyes set on the KSW12; knowing the KSW10 is really the match for the quintets; but I thought I needed something with a little more "umph" since I have a large room, with lots of door openings.

After parusing many, many HT forums, one brand just kept coming up: SVS-The more I looked, read, sought out reviews, the more I changed my mind.

I am not really a bass fanatic; but am anxious to see what my new sub will do for my movie watching experience. I have only owned two other subs: A JBL PSW1000-hated it. It probably wasn't a bad piece in itself, I just couldn't integrate it into my then poorly match "stereo system" (well, it was a pro-logic system, but...) The other, is the sub that comes with the Klipsch Pro-Media 4.1s (I actually like it ALOT, blends very well as a system).

So Saturday, I placed my order for the PB1-ISD. The second most inexpensive sub they offer. I did get my order comfirmation email, and realize its only been one workday (being Monday was a holiday), but I can't help but wonder about how long it takes for it to ship?

I have DVE on order, should be here any day now. Picked up a Radio Snack analog SPL meter today (display item, last one they had 2.gif ), so I am all set...minus the sub...

I really want to email them, but in my mind, I see a small startup company, that probably is getting pounded with lots of email, and probably getting ALOT more orders than they figured the demand would be, so I don't want to bother them with something so trivial. I also kind of wonder if they have any "stock", or if they build each sub by hand as they are ordered?

Oh...I guess waiting is the hardest part...Thanks for putting up with my rant...

-Alan

To my knowledge, SVS does have parts on hand, and already-built subs on hand waiting to ship. I know that they have had cases from time to time where there were shortages of certain components, causing delays in shipping.

Last March, my two 3039PC+ came in exactly one week. I think that is a typical delivery time, except in the case of parts shortages or high demand for a new model of sub.

Good Luck!

COOL! That is great news! I do realize that I have to take transit time into account, but since I am in Memphis, that isn't much transit time from Ohio. Also, FedEx's hub is here (not sure about UPS). Am having it delivered to my work. Ought to be interesting to get it home as heavy as it is.

I drive a beetle-I wonder if it will fit with the back seat down...Otherwise, I will have to go home and get the truck from the better half! LOL

-Alan

LMAO...

I was actually wondering how long it would take for someone to say basically:

"Wait just a minute-your WIFE drives a truck and YOU drive a beetle???".

Problem is, my beetle is a TurboS, only available in 6-speed manual, and the better half can't drive a stick!

-Alan

P.S. Oh, coincidently, I already know the very FIRST movie I want to watch after calibration. I have heard its a GREAT ".1" movie, but as it so happens, its one of my favorites: U-571

"P.S. Oh, coincidently, I already know the very FIRST movie I want to watch after calibration. I have heard its a GREAT ".1" movie, but as it so happens, its one of my favorites: U-571 "

You won't be disappointed. I think that was the first one I watched when I got my SVS as well. Enjoy!

dd

----------------

On 1/20/2004 5:24:16 PM TIbor wrote:

My svs sub took about 1 month!

----------------

Don't tell me that!!! Don't want to hear it! Just kidding...

If I am not mistaken, the PB2 is a relatively new model, so I would expect a new model line to take longer. The PB1 I ordered has been available...what about a year now?

-Alan

I received my SVS in less than a week. I would guess sub should arrive in this time frame since it is not a brand new model. I'm sure you will be very happy with SVS. They do respond very quickly to email. I'm sure that you will need the truck to haul it.

I was actually very disappointed in the bass in U-571 (very good movie though). Maybe I expected too much. I don't know if it's your taste, but Finding Nemo has awesome bass. Wait until Daria taps on the aquarium. I just saw Terminator 3 the other night. Fun movie and a good workout for the sub.

Hope you get it soon.