Goodbye Yellow Brick Road SACD - On Sale at Best Buy

dougdrake

Don't hear much talk about ol' Elton John in these parts, but his music is great on a good Klipsch system - lots of piano, drums, low bass, etc...

Anywho, subject title is a hybrid SACD (plays on both CD and SACD) and has been re-mastered, etc.... Contains stereo and multi-channel SACD, and appears to have quite a bit of bonus material. Regulary $30 on sale for $19.99 at Best Buy...

bought this scad the other day on a review i read in sound n vision magazine...i was astonished at how well they remixed this 2 cd set for sacd! this is certainly now one of my best sounding sacds or multichannel perio whether sacd or my dvd audio discs...beautiful sound..bass thats tight and deep which surprised me since this wa a 1973 recording. if you like elton john you got to own this sacd now...its very good to excellent sound quality!!

It was $30 also at my BB,I'll check on BB.com.Back in the day Elton had it goin on,good music and good quality recordings,for the last 20-30 yrs I dunno.This certainly is one of the great recordings,I'm lookin' forward to hearing it,thanks.

One day I went to the library and someone had just donated their entire EJ collection on lp. About 15 albums in mint condition. I bought them all for 50 cents each!

I still may consider the SACD if it's really good though. The original lp is a good recording but nothing to write home about.

I just don't understand why some artists have such well recorded lps while others suck. I have a NM copy of Who's Next which is such a great lp but the recording just sucks. Go figure. Today I listened to Jimi Hendrix's "Axis-Bold As Love" on vinyl and was just mesmerized by the recording. The soundstage was so huge! Oh well, that's for another thread.

----------------

On 1/31/2004 11:44:24 PM Fish wrote:

Hey Gary,if you don't already have it try Honky Chateau on cd,better than my old lp,one of his best.It will make your Cornwalls happy.
1.gif

----------------

I think I have 2 copies on lp but have never played either. I'll have to give one a spin now!

----------------

On 1/31/2004 11:44:24 PM Fish wrote:

Hey Gary,if you don't already have it try Honky Chateau on cd,better than my old lp,one of his best.It will make your Cornwalls happy.
1.gif

----------------

Honky Cat is playing as I type. Sounds great. Is the cd that much better? I also like the cover with that cool tuck-in flap.3.gif I only have 1 copy but it's mint.

----------------

On 1/31/2004 11:33:37 PM garymd wrote:

Today I listened to Jimi Hendrix's "Axis-Bold As Love" on vinyl and was just mesmerized by the recording. The soundstage was so huge! Oh well, that's for another thread.

----------------

Ditto. Axis Bold as Love is a great album.Some of Jimi's best work.Stuff like that could phase shift your brain waves. 2.gif