All I can say is "WOW"

ledzeprep

Well , I got tired of waiting for the new line to hit the market, so I finally pulled the trigger on the new system. Powering the whole thing is the Onkyo 787DS THX . I went with KLF 30s for the mains, got a C-7 for the center, and have wall mounted the existing KLF 10s for surrounds. I will end up waiting awhile for the sub (svs) so that the bank account has a chance to re-charge. I must say, the sound in my 13x13 livingroom has never been better.The only problem (if you can call it that Wink.gif is there is so much sound now that the plants are vibrating to the sound of THE WHO. this is also affecting the cd player,when the volume gets to about half, on the CDs that get really low and move large quantities of air it now will skip. Does any one know any good vibration isolation (say that 3 times fast)material?

This is gonna sound like the wierdest stuff to use but here goes. I went to the hardware store a few weeks ago looking for rather non-fun, practicle things and had a brain(cramp)-storm! In the plumbing isle was some poly-ethylene foam tubes for insulating hot-water pipes. It's split long-ways to cover the pipe. I flattened out the tube and took a drinking cup and traced out some circles with a Sharpie marker and cut them out with a pair of sissors. Flattened out put the circles under each foot of the cd-player, receiver, amp, pre-amp or what ever else you have. This may very well do the trick. Best thing is, for 89 cents you can do three units!! I haven't heard mine yet because my pre-amp is in the hospital (at Audio Classics) but it does sound promissing.

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany

McIntosh C33 (In the Hospital)

Rotel RB-1080

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Carver TL-3100 CD

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette (maybe being mothballed)

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 400mk II

Monster Interlink 300 mk II

Studio Tech U-48RW Cabinet

Original 12ga. Monster Cable

Enough boxes for a fire hazard!

Doug

Why did you change your user name?

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

JVC HR-S3800 Super VHS VCR

Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

Monster m1.4 Biwire Cables

RC-3 Center

SS-1 Rear

Cutting little circles of Dynamat (A self-adhesive sound deadening mat found at auto audio stores) and sticking them under the feet of all components has harnessed a lot of negative vibes for me. Also, it is thinner than most sound absorbing materials, so it takes less room from my equipment stack. HornEd

------------------

Living HT Legends

KLF 30 L&R Mains

RC-7 Center (ordered)

KLF 30 L&R Surrounds

KLF 30 L&R Rear Effects

KLF 10 L&R Front Effects

Twin SVS CS-Ultra Pwr Sub

KSW-15 Pwr Sub (rear)

Speaker Support Systems:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65"

Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

and such... Tweak On!

I think it's more like New Coke. Might have to resort to No-Life status if you guys keep this up. OTOH, I could create a whole new identity and go underground. You'd never know it was me!! The voices in my head are urging me in that direction. Hmmm....got me some passports, a couple of visas, don't even know my real name.

Doug

I won't pester you anymore Doug. And as far as I'm concerned, your secret is safe inside this thread. Of course, you could see if Klipsch has a "Poster Protection Program." You could re-enter the forum as a guy who thinks Bose is cool, and folks can watch as we slowly "retrain" you!

I should be an honor no-lifer. Ive had over 100 post (crazy poster) since late April. At this rate I will be a no lifer in just 6th months!!!!

BE PROUD OF YOUR NO LIFE LEVEL!!!!!! I say forget dougdrake2 and log back in as your old identity. If you go underground we will figure it out and FIND you. LOL

cwm29.gif

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

JVC HR-S3800 Super VHS VCR

Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

Monster m1.4 Biwire Cables

RC-3 Center

SS-1 Rear

I can't seem to face up to the facts

I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax

I can't sleep 'cause my bed's on fire

Don't touch me I'm a real live wire...

Well, I think we've all proven that we've spent too much time watching the Stop Making Sense DVD! Now, back to work everyone Smile.gif.

Doug

BTW, find a collection of lyrics at http://people.a2000.nl/hazijder/

This message has been edited by dougdrake2 on 06-21-2001 at 05:58 PM