petition for ALK x-over for Chorus, Forte and Quartet

killerbee_vr6

Those newer circuits aren't so much in need of a redesign as they are in need of better parts. Air Core inductors, film and foil capacitors, and conditioning of those capacitors will bring these speakers to a much higher level of performance. I would be more than happy to do this for you if you're interested. However, I would need to have one of the crossovers so I could figure out the values and parts count in order to write up a proper estimate. My labor charge isn't too painful.

----------------

On 1/23/2004 10:52:12 AM krustyoldsarge wrote:

Did it myself on my KG4s and it was worth it. But what a pain getting those bigger (especially the Solen caps) components onto that PC board). Hope the board on the F/C/Q's is bigger!

----------------

I'm impressed. I couldn't fit replacement caps on my Forte's PC board. I ended up creating a second board and used jumpers to connect it back to the original crossover.

Sometime in the near future I may be up for a complete rebuild/replacement but that is way beyond my skills for now.

Did it myself on my KG4s and it was worth it. But what a pain getting those bigger (especially the Solen caps) components onto that PC board). Hope the board on the F/C/Q's is bigger!

Really??? Funny, because my KG4s are my bedroom set I didn't even think of tweaking those...hmmmm. And you say it made a big difference?

• 2 months later...