Shorthorn booted from 2 channel

sheltie dave

----------------

On 1/23/2004 4:17:06 PM sheltie dave wrote:

Fini, was Mr. Greenjeans actually Frank Zappa's papa?

----------------

Nope on the Zappa bit - He did record a song in 1969 (I think) called "Son of Mr. Green Genes" that may have started the rumor.

Zappa's dad was Greek (again, I think) and Frank was a first generation American.

AND FOR EVERYONE'S INFORMATION - You were all banned from the two channel forum. I could still post there. I had some interesting discussions with myself (I found out my wife was cheating on me with me). I will be disappointed when you all start changing your handles and avatars and returning - the overall IQ will drop considerably.....

Dave,

Shorthorn model S, Birch, Raw. 15" woofer.

Mine are # 993 & 994, inspected and tested on December 14, 1959! Being only 10 cabinets apart, they may have the same components:

K-77 with silver lenses

University SAHF with K-1000 horn

Stephens Tru-Sonic 15" 103LX

Can't wait to see it!

Chris

Dave,

I'm having a hard time following this thread. Are you saying that you, Sheltie Dave, were banned from the two channel forum?

I sure missed any personal attacks on your part. I don't read everything, but usually catch the drift.

So who else is banned?

----------------

On 1/23/2004 8:03:21 PM DaddyDee wrote:

Dave,

I'm having a hard time following this thread. Are you saying that you, Sheltie Dave, were banned from the two channel forum?

I sure missed any personal attacks on your part. I don't read everything, but usually catch the drift.

So who else is banned?

----------------

Sorry to take over your thread.

The whole 2 channel forum was closed..lol

As Henry noted, the 2 Channel was shut down for a while when Guy started spilling too much vitrol Paul's way You can call someone an idiot, but there is a big difference between doing it with affection vs turning it into a four letter mantra.

I will be heading back tomorrow, and I'll try to get some photos. It is an "S" model. I was just stunned to find out William had a shorthorn tucked in amongst all the stuff he has. Speakers everywhere. Amplifiers...records out on the porch open to the weather. The guy got real comfortable in his house and never stopped buying stereo stuff and lps. Who does that sound like?

One of the speakers is blown from an inadvertent power excursion. How much $ would i be looking at for replacement for each of the three? I'd imagine the Stephens woofer would be the most difficult, but he already has a Stephens Trusonic with a horn mid as another speaker holding up a bunch of ashtrays!

Clare, thanks for the link. I've seen this cited prior, but could never figure out how to properly access the info needed. It really helps!

1.gif