Potential Arkansas Forum Gathering

Daddy Dee

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Visited Hope and PWK years ago. What is the drive time from the LR area to Hope?

As I remember, anywhere to Hope is a long drive. What time frame are we looking at for the gathering? A few days.....A few weeks? Most of the "brothers in Hogs" will need to go back to work at some point.

Arkansas is the "land of opportunity"........If you are not careful, AR. will give you the opportunity to starve.

Terry

Arkytype.

Welcome and thanks for the offer. I spend part of my time in Conway. Great place.

IBSlammin. It's 112 miles from LR to Hope. We need to do some planning.

I met Tony Reed in LR today and we talked some about our possibilities. He is acquainted with Miss Valerie Klipsch and we think that we might be able to take her out for lunch or dinner as a part of the gathering. Well, he knows her well enough to make in invitation and we can hope for her availability.

We've got potential for a multi day gathering, which folks could come for part or all of the festivities.

Also, we think that it will be sometime after July before the Indy trip can materialize.

If we do Arkansas in early May, that will give folks enough lead time get lined out. We'll be workding on that calendar in the next couple of weeks to see where we are.

Best regards,

Dee

Dee, you are looking at May...Indy in July...we could have a St. Louis in March or June. Nail yours down, we can get a firm from Klipsch if they are interested, and I'm laying some groundwork for a three day in the Lou at a local hotel. I'm trying to get it when the Cubbies are in town so we have multiple side events as well.

After May 15 or so, I'll be in St. Louis, so an Arkansas gathering before then would be better for me.

And, an after May 15 St. Louis gathering would be great, too ;)

I wonder if I could buy a pair of Klipschorns from the gentleman in Morrilton....if they're just collecting dust, that's a shame.

-Jesse

----------------

On 1/30/2004 2:05:12 AM stream wrote:

After May 15 or so, I'll be in St. Louis, so an Arkansas gathering before then would be better for me.

And, an after May 15 St. Louis gathering would be great, too
;)

I wonder if I could buy a pair of Klipschorns from the gentleman in Morrilton....if they're just collecting dust, that's a shame.

-Jesse

----------------

Jesse,

I'm pretty sure it will be before 5/15. Will be out of town this next week, and will be coordinating calendars in order to nail down the date before Feb.gets to far along.

----------------

On 1/30/2004 2:05:12 AM stream wrote:

And, an after May 15 St. Louis gathering would be great, too
;)

-Jesse
----------------

Jesse,

I may have given you the wrong impression. The gentleman in Morrilton was just moving in. By now, I suspect that the horns are clean, oiled, and blasting old "big band" tunes. He claims to have owned many pairs of Khorns in his life. He told me that he had (I can't remember how many) several children, and when they grew up and moved away.....they left with a pair of cornerhorns. You would have to kill the guy to get any of the last six!

Regards,

Terry