Nothing like fresh fallen snow!

skonopa

----------------

On 1/26/2004 12:02:45 PM Bill H. wrote:

Steven,

Beautiful Picture card photo! The green area in the upper center of the Pic- is that from the flash ?????

----------------

That grean area is somebody's outside light. I took that picture at night without flash! Because of the snow being so fresh and so pristine, it was like it was practically glowing.

In response to another poster's question as to were in WI and PA I lived. I am originally from Beloit, WI and lived in DuBois, PA as well as Clarion, PA (both in the north-western part of the state, the latter being where I went to school).

As for the "lets go skiing" comment - hell, yeah, I wish I was up at Massanutten during this - that would've been some seriously sweet skiing!

Now they are talking more ice and snow tommorrow in this area - oh yeay! I did not even bother trying to go to work today, and it looks like I may just ditch work again tommorrow - I do not like driving in the ice.

Here's the part I hate about snow. There's a two lane road under there. Todays low was 16, the high was 24 and I'm in the middle of NC. This just isn't right. Missed work today, no way I'm getting on that solid sheet of ice. My wife actually saw someone pass another car on that ice doing about 35-45mph! More freezing rain on the way.

b811a4e0.jpg

Grateful

----------------

On 1/26/2004 11:35:09 PM skonopa wrote:

----------------

On 1/26/2004 12:02:45 PM Bill H. wrote:

Steven,

Beautiful Picture card photo! The green area in the upper center of the Pic- is that from the flash ?????

----------------

That grean area is somebody's outside light. I took that picture at night without flash!

----------------

The green is probably a mercury vapor light. While the human eye and brain can downplay or ignore odd lighting effects, cameras can't without filtering or digital correction. Since this was just a small spot in a normally exposed color pic, the green showed in full. Fluorescent lighting will also usually show up as green.

I have lttile or no idea why anyone would hate snow ? But the cold temps are what kills me.

This morning was -42C " Yes folks " thats MINUS .

Not olny did i plug in both vehicles last night but took the batteries out and brought them indoors. Was a real treat putting them in this morning.

Throw the windchill factor on top of that -42 and we've got close to -50 warnings this morning .

So you see boys , a little snow is nothing .

On 1/26/2004 11:35:09 PM skonopa wrote:

"In response to another poster's question as to were in WI and PA I lived. I am originally from Beloit, WI and lived in DuBois, PA as well as Clarion, PA (both in the north-western part of the state, the latter being where I went to school)."

----------------------------------------------------------

Steve,

I remember, we talked about you being from Beloit. I didn't know you went to Clarion though. My nephew's at Clarion on a swimming scholarship and an old buddy from home, Bucks County PA, is the head basketball coach. They also offered my daughter a nice tennis scholarship but she opted to attend arch rival IUP instead. She's not happy at IUP and plans to head back to Wisconsin for her last two years. BTW, they got 8 or 9 inches of snow up in Indiana yesterday and it's still snowing here.

Scott

----------------

On 1/27/2004 12:19:33 PM boomac wrote:

Steve,

I remember, we talked about you being from Beloit. I didn't know you went to Clarion though. My nephew's at Clarion on a swimming scholarship and an old buddy from home, Bucks County PA, is the head basketball coach. They also offered my daughter a nice tennis scholarship but she opted to attend arch rival IUP instead. She's not happy at IUP and plans to head back to Wisconsin for her last two years. BTW, they got 8 or 9 inches of snow up in Indiana yesterday and it's still snowing here.

Scott

----------------

Yep, got a BS in Computer Science at Clarion. One of my friends also went to IUP. I was on the campus there once, though. I almost went myself, but found I liked Clarion a little better. For that matter, I almost went to Penn State - I was accepted there. I found I liked the smaller size of Clarion there and I feel I got just as good of an education there as anywere else in PA.

The snow here pretty much quit, but they are calling for some freezing rain and another inch or two of snow on top of that later this afternoon and evening. Tonight, hopefully this crap will finally move out. Again, I decided to ditch work today and just sit it out. Hopefully tommorrow, I can make it back in.