Dumb and Dumberer

T2K

Is the world filled with more idiots nowadays than say 20 or so years ago, or have I just luckily been running into more than my fair share of them?

I was at a major office depot type place the other day to buy a couple of shipping boxes. The highly trained check out girl says '$8.61' or something like that. I give her a $10 bill and then reach into my pocket, as the cash drawer opened, and handed her a penny. She gives me $1.39 in change.

It was this young lady's lucky day. Fortunately, I was off work and had just visited about ten other retail business's looking for friggin' boxes. So I decided that I had the time to try and help her out.

I said, "I think you've given me too much change", holding my hand out for about 5 minutes as she counted it.

As her head dropped to her hand in confusion, I reached into my pocket and asked if she needed to borrow my ink pen. No she said. I could see that this was a young lady that liked a challenge. She was going to solve this problem the old fashioned way, using her head !!!

She gave me a nickel and I was on my way.

A couple of hours later I was at home using the boxes to package a couple of integrated amplifiers. The next day I carried them to the FedEx Worldwide Distribution Center about 10 miles from my home. Now they're lost. Loaded onto the wrong truck, says the FedEx Customer Support Center.

This reminds me of a movie I once saw.

Keith

That's funny. I've had more items delivered to the wrong address by UPS than Fed Ex. Think it's a driver thing. Of course that's only been twice but one was my D1x wqhich at the time was worth $5k and I worried for over a week. I even asked my usual UPS driver if he remembered delivering it and he said no which turned out to be false. So it's always a gamble.

hoggy

----------------

On 1/28/2004 11:27:35 PM T2K wrote:

....She gave me a nickel and I was on my way...

Keith

----------------

Keith,

You going to send her a check for $0.042.gif

I have that happen to me too often. To avoid delays, I tell them upfront..."just punch in the entire amount with change" and let the register enlighten them. Their astonished look is satisfaction enough.

Wes

Hey Wes. Naw, I gave her the 4 pennies. It confused her and her 'helper', so I just left.

A simple way to think of it, in my own dumb sort of way, would be that if the cash register showed amount owed to customer was $1.39 after I had entered amount of $10.00, and then the customer handed me another penny, would be to add a penny to the amount that I owed the customer. HA! $1.40 .

We didn't have calculators when I went to school. We used chicken feathers and an ink bottle. TV reception was really bad back then too. We had to walk bare footed in the snow for 6 miles to school because our dirt bikes were out of gas.

My missing packages are pi$$ing me off.

Keith

----------------

On 1/30/2004 7:36:05 AM hoggy wrote:

That's funny. I've had more items delivered to the wrong address by UPS than Fed Ex. Think it's a driver thing. Of course that's only been twice but one was my D1x wqhich at the time was worth $5k and I worried for over a week. I even asked my usual UPS driver if he remembered delivering it and he said no which turned out to be false. So it's always a gamble.

hoggy

----------------

Yeah it definetly is a driver thing their just a little slow around here on the fed ex wagon. Alot probally has to do with the same ups man delivering me goods over ten years now. He always says i am his job security.

9.gif

i just make myself look like a GENIUS when i buy something, then calculate the change and tell them to give me that amount in gas...they are AMAZED that i would know how much that was!

hope your boxes show up.

btw-T2K-had my 3rd annual superbowl party, thanks again for the s-6's, they ROCK!!

avman.

Hey Steve! Yeah, they're still in FedEx pergatory. Reminds me of Gilligans 3 hour tour!

I sure would like to have the attended the big partee. Hope it was fun. Maybe I can get my S-6's back in service sometime. They're great surround speakers.

Have fun!

Keith