bad pic of good horns

jdm56

nothing much new except the "old" 26" tee-vee (18+yrs.!) sitting on belle till i can afford to upgrade to maybe a 50" lcd rear-projector.

the curtains cover rpg pro-foam panels. does it look ok, or is it just incredibly tacky? (i have no interior decorating skills - obviously)

sorry for the poor pic. this room has no windows and is in a basement, so the lighting for pictures is not good. ideal for h/t though!

ps - why do pics come out like they're blown up? ...i hate when that happens. 7.gif

post-3900-13819251967612_thumb.jpg

I think it looks fine. Who cares anyway. I'll bet it sounds great! Maybe some large unframed prints or posters would look nice instead but for me it wouldn't be too high on my priority list. Another option would be something hanging from the ceiling on each side (in front of the curtains) to take attention away from the curtains.

oops...it's the same pic -- don't bother looking.

About the curtains - yeah, posters would look better, but they would kinda defeat the purpose of the RPG panels, at least at higher frequencies.

And that bottle - just CHILL, y'all! 2.gif It's been dry for over two years. It's just there for decoration, plus it's a memento of our last trip to Thailand, in October of '01, when we brought our youngest son home.

post-3900-13819251970402_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 2/2/2004 8:54:57 PM James D McCall wrote:

ps - why do pics come out like they're blown up? ...i hate when that happens.
7.gif

----------------

Two things can help your picture taking that come to my very amature photo taking mind.

You need good lighting. Just make sure you have enough

You should be able to set the size of the image via your camera's menu settings system. I can anyway. I can set the size of the image and many other things.

This is of course assuming you are talking about a digital camera. 4.gif

----------------

On 2/5/2004 3:06:22 PM m00n wrote:

Two things can help your picture taking that come to my very amature photo taking mind.

You need good lighting. Just make sure you have enough

You should be able to set the size of the image via your camera's menu settings system. I can anyway. I can set the size of the image and many other things.

This is of course assuming you are talking about a digital camera.
4.gif

----------------

Thanks, Moon. Lighting IS the problem when it comes to getting decent pictures in my music room. No windows, and only 4 45W floods in the ceiling, plus a 40W pole lamp on the rear wall. Also, my digital camera is a pretty basic (AKA CHEAP) 2.1 Megapixel from H-P. I don't think there are sizing options, only three resolution settings plus one zoom mode. I can resize the pic on the PC though. I'll try that next time.

"Whimsical" Yeah, that's me allright!

Oh, and about that TV - It's basically just used for on-screen-displays and for solo tee-vee-ing. Not for HT. I have a ratty old 46" Magnavox in another room for that home theatre thang. But SOMEDAY, lookout: klipsch audio, and widescreen lcd hdtv technology WILL come together! 3.gif