RF-7s Changed over the years?

norcuron

I was talking to a local dealer the other day and he said that the drivers used in the earler versions of the RF-7s were of better quality than the 2003 and 2004 models. He said that basically Klipsch lowered the quality a little and kept price points the same. Any Thoughts?

Mark

----------------

On 2/2/2004 9:33:59 PM DeanG wrote:

Complete and utter bullsh!t.

----------------

Many a salesman's lifeblood.

I am suing for false accusation!

I am a technical salesman for plastic for car bumpers.

In many cases I have kept the same customers for over 10 years.

Problem with bad salesmen...

Consumers never put their objections in writing so the bad salespeople never get "culled" from the profession.

I would love to sell speakers some day.

I spoke with parts today and he did in fact say there was a change in drivers on the RF-7 from the original debut. He said he was surprised hearing that from me because "He didn't think many people knew about that". He said they upgraded the voice coil etc, but then said "better or worse" is in the eye of the beholder.

----------------

On 2/2/2004 11:20:42 PM norcuron wrote:

Thanks for the replies. He did offer to order me a brand new pair for 1400 out the door. I at this point have decided to keep my Chorus IIs.

p.s. Shipping company said they may deliver my SVS PB2+ tomorrow
:)

Mark

----------------

Good lord! That's the 2nd time in less than a week that I've seen a VERY compelling price on a new pair of RF-7's. Last week someone found them for $1500 new, and Mark has now found a pair for $1400. Outstanding deals. I wonder what is up? Might these particular dealers be the ones that lost their rights to sell Klipsch and a now liquidating stock??

Whell,

He had a demo set that I could have walked out with, OR he said if I didn't mind the wait, he would be glad to order me a brand new pair still in box for the same $1400. I was very tempted. My SVS PB2+ arrived tonight. What a great Sub. Adds a dimension to everything...