K-Horn Review, France 1982

WMcD

Drat. I hate the server and the server hates me back. The first page was in this area and it disappeared.

I've kept the file size and resolution low. I often get time out messages. If you'd like the pages at higher resolution please e-mail or pm me with your e-mail address and I'll send them along.

Best,

Gil

post-2552-13819251983628_thumb.gif

To answer Mr. P's question.

Actually, there are very few technical reviews of the K-Horn. The only other substantial one I know of is the Heyster review from Audio.

Therefore, this review and the 1987 review (also posted) may well account for 50% of what is out there in any language (Audio being the other 50%).

Other reviews, like the one in VTV, are less formal.

Old reviews are valid particularly because so many people own vintage K-Horns.

Best,

Gil

I was being a bit dramatic in addressing Mr. P's question. But I believe these reviews are little unknown (by us) gems. A few years ago I was corresponding with a good fellow in France and he was kind enough to pass them along. It would be a shame if they are not made better known.

Someday I may put the text through a computer translator and then clean things up. Is there anyone out there who would like to do a translation?

I would be happy if anyone can come up with other largely unknown reviews of the K-Horn. Unfortunately the figures I mentioned are accurate to the best of my knowledge.

I can't agree with pot shots at the French, or anyone else. We're a big happy family here and we've had some friends from France check in.

Perhaps the exception is a certain land in Framingham , Mass. Bose. Smile.

Gil

thanx William F. Gil McDermott!!

users of this forum often forget that klipsch is not only sell in usa.

in france klipschs fans cannot easily find revues on klipsch speakers and the few we can find are in english.

to d-man: do you know speaker like jm-lab utopia wich are the gratest speakers of the world according to a lot of hi-fi professionnals or triangle, elipson, cabasse, ...

all good speakers are not made in america.

i hope what you wrote was for fun,the next time you speak about france think a little2.gif

ps:you should come to france for holydays you will make up your mind on france and its inhabitants

last but not least I AM FRENCH!!!!

----------------

On 2/4/2004 9:52:15 AM doudou wrote:

in france klipsch are very expensive that s why i only have speakers from the synergy serie.

a pair of lascalla cost about 8000euros(about 9000$) and a pair of rf35 about 1400euros( about 1700$)

its not fair!!!

----------------

I'll say that that's not fair. Your getting the old wood applied to you!6.gif

With the current exchange rate a $3500pair of Lascalas would be about 2800 Euros. Add 200 Euros for shipping and 17% VAT and you get 3510 Euros. A fair price. At 8,000 Euros you should be getting Klipschorns and a kiss.

Rick

I agree that this forum caters to a large variety of people from many different nations. The fact that some people are willing to pay the euro price for Klipsch is a testament to performance/value ratio.

I may not be french, but i can read and write it.

Rob