Placing objects on box subs?

whadyasay

Nope no problem at all unless you own a Sony WM40,a "highly" rated(by experts)sub on DeafReview.com made out of cardboard and using a high excursion 12 midrange. LOL

Seriously no no problem at all,I even stacks subs on subs(ran out of space).All quality subs have quality cabinetry capable of taking many times their own weight.

That's right, I remember your pic of subwoofer monoliths! I had that Sony sub for about 3 months years back...it was good for the money if you liked boominess. I've had the JBL PB-10 for about four years now, and I'm looking to get either an RW-12, RSW-10, or HSU STF-2. Where it's positioned will leave a space of wall just begging for a plant. Good to know I can do it. Thanks.

The only risk I see is having whatever you put on the sub... accidentally vibrate off. This is obviously a greater risk if you live in a wood rather than concrete structured building.

Keep I eye on it, and don't forget the rubber feet. I've broken many jewel cases, by "forgetting" them on my mains.

Rob

Concrete floors covered by hard wood (pre-war NYC building), 3 ft high palm, rubber feet on the bottom of underplate. All good. The place where I bought the plant was playing Thelonious Monk over the speakers, so this plant should feel right at home. Thanks.

With any one of those three subs, I do not think you should have a problem placing something on top. For a period of time, I placed a potted plant on top of my VTF-2, and the plant did not seem to be harmed (or mind).

However, I dare not try that anymore with my SVS PB2-ISD. I have already had a lamp with a sizable and stable footprint vibrate off to the ground when I failed to remove it during very, very loud listening.

-----------------

Downstairs

Samsung TXN3245FP

Harmon Kardon AVR 525

Denon DVD-2900

Mains: Klipsch RF3II

Center: Klipsch RC3II

Surrounds: Klipsch RS35

Left Rear: Klipsch KLF-C7

Right Rear: Klipsch RC35

SVS 20-39PCi

SVS PB2-ISD

Upstairs

Yamaha RX-V1300

Mains, Center: Onkyo SKS-HT500

Surrounds: Axiom QS-8

HSU VTF-2

No any problems at all! 1.gif When you will try for the first time to put your flower pot on the sub, just dont play your sub all the way up for beginning and with each volume increments, see whats happening! 3.gif I wouldnt do that with my Tumult sub thought. When I see the clothing just under it which moves like if there was some wind blowing it (at each boom for example), it makes me think that I should never put anything on it! 3.gif

Funny little story....in my former apartment, my cat was chasing a reflection from outside the window around the room (cats are nuts sometimes), and she climbed on top of the sub as I was selecting the second depth charge scene of U-571. Once the first big explosion went off, she must have jumped four feet in the air in reaction....but out of the corner of my eye, it looked like the sub blasted her off. She was fine...a little pissed off, but fine overall.