OT: Train hits Jeep

MichaelShaffer

Freaking idiots, should be tried for murder. It is too bad they can't be put away for being just plain stupid and a threat to normal people.

From the web page

Glamis Jeep VS Train HERE IS THE STORY: I was waiting to meet a buddy at wash 10. and this monster of a jeep goes up the hill and crosses the tracks. A stock jeep follows and almost doesn't make it. THEN everyone can clearly see that a train is coming so the guy in the stock jeep wants to get back on the other side of the tracks before it gets here ..... STUPID. Not to mention that he has his whole family in the jeep with him and his daughter riding on the front bumper seat belted to it. Of course he doesn't make it over and then gets stuck. While the guy is trying to get the jeep unstuck other guys try to get the little girl off the bumper. If you pause the video at the beginning you can see this, if you pause it at the end you can see the little girl still belted to the front bumper : (

I dunno... this is the first I have ever heard of this tragidy... If this were a true story, you would think that it would have made national news. Well, if it happen here in the states anyway. I would like to see the authenticity of this.4.gif

Funny? If the story is true, there is nothing funny about it. Apparently a little girl was killed.

See... if this was real, I guarantee NOBODY would be just standing around while that little girl was laying there, they would be helping her out... No way, this is a fake. Sorry, I just don't buy it. 2.gif

That's a bunch of crap! I work for Norfolk-Southern RR and have seen many accidents, actual and video. There appears to be little if any damage to the Jeep. H*ll the left front tire isn't even flat. In the first scene the front end appears to be hanging over on rail. I'm not sure but I believe there could be two sets of mainline track there but from the camera angle it's hard to tell. There is no impact sound and no dust cloud coming up from where the Jeep was sitting. There was no activation of the emergancy brakes either. It would only take about 6 or 8 guys to turn the Jeep over and make it look as if the train flipped it. They probably waited until a train stopped in that area before playing out the scene. I've seen video of 18 wheelers getting hit in the cab by a train moving less than 10mph and before the train could stop it was almost destroyed. Those older Jeeps are tough. You can turn one over and right it without hurting it. My brother rolled his down a huge embankment in the snow about 30 years ago and a wrecker pulled him out. He said let it set for 15 mins crank it up and drive it home.

Grateful

----------------

On 2/7/2004 1:55:08 PM m00n wrote:

Funny?
If
the story is true, there is nothing funny about it. Apparently a little girl was killed.

See... if this was real, I guarantee NOBODY would be just standing around while that little girl was laying there, they would be helping her out... No way, this is a fake. Sorry, I just don't buy it.
2.gif
----------------

IF the person was dead, people wouldn't be walking around, and filming it. Also, if someone posted a video of a dead person on the net...yeah...

IF the person was dead, people wouldn't be walking around, and filming it. Also, if someone posted a video of a dead person on the net...yeah...

----------------

There are a lot of videos posted to the net of dead people. The most famous of these, is probably the Budd Dwyer suicide. He killed himself with televsion cameras rolling, so there is film of his actual death. Pretty sick stuff. But, just proves the point there are tons of videos of actual people being killed for sick individuals available easily on the internet.