Steve Vai - Live at the Astoria London

m00n

Oh man... What an excellent DVD set. Only watched half the concert. That guy is amazing on Guitar... A must see if you like crunch rock.

I was just reading on his website that he has contributed some work to the upcoming Halo 2 soundtrack. Here is a little blurb.

- The rumors are true! Steve has contributed guitar work to the Halo 2 soundtrack, composed by Marty O'Donnell and produced by Nile Rogers. Steve calls the melodies "as haunting and ominous as the game's characters." Halo 2 will ship in Fall 2004. For more info, visit Bungie Software's

Sounds good m00n,if you like Vai you should check out the G3 tour,Vai,Satriani,Johnson all on one dvd.They toured together and played seperate sets,then all together for the last 3 jams,Zappa,Hendrix covers,it rocks!

----------------

On 2/12/2004 4:16:14 PM m00n wrote:

----------------

On 2/12/2004 1:25:20 PM wheelman wrote:

Yeah i got the g3
on vhs
it's cool.

----------------

Damn, how 1980's
9.gif

----------------

Nah Boys, its not 80's...It's timeless.

Guitarists like Jeff Beck, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, they dont fade away with the decades. They made a mark.

Yeah, that is a great DVD. Actually picked it up for my son for X-Mas. Of course he wanted to watch it on the "old man's" HT, so I got to see it with him. Vai is an amazing guitarist. Almost inhuman with his speed. Anyone seen the (I think fairly new) Eric clapton "One More Car, One More Rider" DVD? Recorded in HD and 5.1. in L.A. in 2001. Just picked it up over the weekend. Some old stuff (Layla, Cocaine, Wonderful Tonight, Badge, Sunshine for Your Love) and some new stuff (My Father's Eyes, River of Tears, Reptile). Outstanding recording and video. Billy Preston on keyboard and Steve Gadd on drums.

----------------

On 2/16/2004 9:00:41 PM cluless wrote:

Guitarists like Jeff Beck, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, they dont fade away with the decades. They made a mark.

----------------

Clue, I was referring to the fact that he has it on vhs rather than DVD.2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 2/17/2004 12:22:43 AM m00n wrote:

----------------

On 2/16/2004 9:00:41 PM cluless wrote:

----------------

Clue, I was referring to the fact that he has it on vhs rather than DVD.
2.gif

----------------

When i bought it they didn't have it on dvd or i would of got it. Just one of those days where you want to watch something new you know what I mean. Speilberg reminds me of the 80's. Renting his movies on vhs. Doesn't it seem like all his movies had one thing in common like the suburbs. Ah the eightys that brings back memories like freestylin on bmx's. We were like the originaters of that. I can't believe how far that came along. I wonder what ever happened to Eddie Fiola. And we were the generation to bring back the skateboard to. I remember getting a brochure in the mail for the first snowoard by Burton. We were like wow now we can skate in the snow. I couldn't afford one though

7.gif

----------------

On 2/16/2004 9:25:15 PM GRB wrote:

Yeah, that is a great DVD. Actually picked it up for my son for X-Mas. Of course he wanted to watch it on the "old man's" HT, so I got to see it with him. Vai is an amazing guitarist. Almost inhuman with his speed. Anyone seen the (I think fairly new) Eric clapton "One More Car, One More Rider" DVD? Recorded in HD and 5.1. in L.A. in 2001. Just picked it up over the weekend. Some old stuff (Layla, Cocaine, Wonderful Tonight, Badge, Sunshine for Your Love) and some new stuff (My Father's Eyes, River of Tears, Reptile). Outstanding recording and video. Billy Preston on keyboard and Steve Gadd on drums.

----------------

I haven't seen that yet. I love Claptons playing. I love Clapton unplugged and alot of his older stuff. I bought the soundtrack to the movie Rush. Clapton does all of the background music. It's some pretty cool blues intrumentals. How does that Rotel sound? I am thinking about getting a rotel just for two channel sound on my Ht setup with my preouts