RF-7 vs RB-75

jdilks

Honestly, unless you would be looking to mount the RB-75's on wall brackets or shelves, I can't see how they would save much floor space over the RF-7's if you were using stands. Th RB-75's are very likely to be less full-sounding than the RF-7's, considering the one 8" woofer as opposed to the RF-7's two 10's.

In my opinion, I belive the RF-7s sound better. They are bigger and will sound bigger. The RB-75s do sound good, but the RF-7s just have a bigger soud to them as well as more bass. I have heard both 3 RF-7 up front as well as 2 RF-7 and 1 RC-7 and I perfer the RF-7 as a center. The highs were fine but then lows in voices didn't sound as good. My guess is, if you went with all RF-7s it may sound more natural. Don't get me wrong, I like the RB-75s. I have been thinking of useing them for rears due to the smaller size and its horn matching with RF-7s. If space and money can allow it, I would suggest it.

CD

Whadyasay-

In fact I would be mounting them on the wall like my 35's are now (door hinges angled toward the listening area; $4. @ Home Depot.), and it really does give, at least in perception, more floor space.

Of course, before I upgrade again, I will have a good listen to both in hopes that my sub would make up for any weakness in the 75's. If not, it's limited floor space again and RF-7s. However, I will need to think this through and develop a strategy, since I sold my wife on my 35's partially with the argument that it would eliminate my old lesser towers. As I recall, she liked that idea.

Well then, if that's the case, then I would do a real hard comparison between your RB-35's and the RB-75's, considering they both have 8" woofers and their posted freq. response is not all that different. In terms of floor space, you'll probably still need a subwoofer for the really deep bass if you do go with RF-7's, so in that case, stick with the 35/75's. You'll be getting alot more bass from the floorstanding RF-7's, but then again, you're probably getting a small boost in bass by having the bookshelf speakers mounted so close to the walls. I think if you find a really good sub that's not too space-intrusive, you should be able to stick with your RB-35's or go with the RB-75's. Those RF-7's are huge.

----------------

On 2/12/2004 6:00:54 PM m00n wrote:

Dude.... I don't care if you have to pole vault your way in. Get the RF7s for you mains.
10.gif

----------------

ROTFLMAO!!

m00n, You kill me! So much for ANY kind of WAF! {Honey, I got the speakers. I'll be home in a bit. I've gotta stop off and buy a couple of pool cues...It's too hard to explain now. You'll understand later.)

John

I just got back from comparing my RB-75's to the RF-7's. Overall, I thought they sounded very similar (with sub). The RF-7's may have sounded a little "bigger", but I thought the RB-75's sounded a little more "accurate". So, I'll be keeping my RB-75's - I highly recommend them (all the way around)...