Is this normal ( ALK X-over FS) ?!?!

vacs2000

If the seller originally purchased them from Al and is only trying to recover his expenses, I don't think Al will have any problem. Al definitely does not want anyone to start mass producing ALK crossovers and then making a business profit off his intellectual property. They are fine pieces of engineering and make tube driven Khorns sound wonderful1.gif

That is kind of like saying that you can't buy or sell used Klipsch speakers, or for that matter anything used.

They are not overpriced eather. I bought one pair from Al and another pair from a forum member. Then I ended up selling both pairs to other forum members.

The seller is probably trying to recover his expenses.

One factor here, too, the US Dollar is weaker than last year, so it wouldn't be as attractive to purchase in US Dollars. Most prospective buyers in the US would find it attractive to purchase directly from Al K. or Ron Welborne (if you noticed his other auction of DRD 2a3'S) Also have noticed that the seller, Lorcol is a forum member.

Hi.

I'm lorcoll.

I have bought ALK directly from Al (with shipping costs and custom it's about 500 euro).

I don't like the sound in my system (High and mid-high too bright) and I know it's incredible but I prefer my AK2.

I want start to upgrade my xover.

I have bought the DRD 2A3 but it isn't better than my GTA SE 300B in anyway.

I want recover part of expenses (don't forget the plus 26% in Italy).

For the DRD 2A3 I have paid 1700 $ + 354 euro (custom) + 90 euro for Sovtek 2A3 (I have put them on ebay at 1350 euro and them are new - two weeks ago).

I think those are extremely good prices for Europe.

Lorenzo,

All you had to do to solve the "too bright" problem was to turn UP the squawker (reduce the attenuation) to match the tweeter and then turn up your woofer amp. You were bi-amping as I recall. Doing this could even make it sound quite dull if you wanted to.

Did you try bypassing (shorting out) the 39+1 uF cap as I described to you and using an external active crossover?

BTW.. I understand the pricing considering the shipping charges from US to Italy. I assume that's why you did ask me to buy them back, which I would have done.

Al K.

BTW: Lorenzo has only had them for a couple weeks. My netwroks were also NOT designed with bi-amping in mind. To do bi-amping right you need to bypass the 400 Hz section of the network leaving only the 6000 Hz section.