------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

Hello, Jo-Jo! And welcome to the best BB on the internet. Smile.gif Once you have a pair of Klipsch speakers, there will always be at least one pair somewhere in the household. cwm16.gif I'm now currently looking for some to fill up my bedroom as well as my screened-in prorch. :D

Mike

Well, Jo-Jo,

You need to be a little more specific about your interests. There are a bunch of engineers here that will tell you how a clock is made before telling you the time. Smile.gif

John

This message has been edited by John Albright on 06-25-2001 at 11:51 AM

John,

It's 11:18. Someplace. Probably.

Jo-Jo,

re the "...I know mine suck, but that's about it..." comment, simple suggestion.

1) Listen to some music you really, really like with your speakers. Not too loud, don't sit there trying to figure out what your speakers "sound like", just listen to some tunes.

2) Take same tunes to system using DwK's Klipsch Heresys. Play tunes.

3) If you like the Heresys better, well, that's what he's doing here. Heresy is the little baby of the Klipsch "Heritage" line, the precursors to all the current Klipsch product. Board is full of people who are Klipsch fanatics, and we love communicating with others who share the, uh, passion.

4) If you don't hear much of a difference, either (a) your speakers aren't all that bad themselves, (B) you're not someone who's all that much into this whole audio / sound reproduction thing, or © you are SO into music that it doesn't matter WHAT it's played on, you still enjoy it. In which case, you may find over time that you start to find little ways in which you enjoy DwK's system more and more as you become more familiar with it.

Oh, by the way... if you have "...a little background in physics and such..." don't be surprised by some of the rather, er, far fetched ideas you hear tossed about on this board. Power cords sound different, speaker cables sound different, placing your (digital) equipment up on top of little footers makes it sound different, wires are directional and connecting them this way round verses that way round sounds different, CD transports (aka CD-ROM drive that feeds a separate D/A converter) sound different, yada yada yada. There's just about no aspect of the equipment chain that escapes this sort of drivel. All of it is totally bogus, and people are easily deluded. I, myself, am so totally snowed by this sort of BS that I believe, emphatically, that I can hear the difference when I switch the interconnects between the Musical Fidelity X10-D tube buffer (that sits between the Adcom GDA600 D/A converter and the amp). The MIT interconnects are smoother and have a more "fleshed out" midrange than the Monster Interlinks, but the Monster's are much more DYNAMIC! and PUNCHY! Which, of course, is nonsense, as is easily proved by noting that the R/C/L characteristics of each cable are just about identical. Watch out for people like me, or you're gonna start thinking that changing the Yamaha A-500 amp that DwK is using for something more, uh, more will move you closer to the elusive goal of getting where you want to be. Which never happens. Then again, no matter where you go, there you are.

I'm sorry, I haven't had breakfast yet, and I'm all lightheaded and flooby.

Ray

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

He's flooby >> cwm28.gif

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

This message has been edited by DwK on 06-25-2001 at 06:06 PM

uh, flooby...

"...and I forget just why I taste

Oh yeah, I guess it makes me smile

I found it hard, it was hard to find

Oh well, whatever, nevermind..."

or possibly

Come to send not condescend

Transcendental consequences to transcend where we are

Who are we?

Who we are.

Trampled moss on your souls, changes all you're a part

Seen it all not at all, can't defend the command

Take me a for a ride before we leave.

Circumstance clappin' hands, a driving winds happenstance

Off the track in the mud (that's the moss in the aforementioned verse)

miraculous, and a little... just a little...

Time, before we leave stoplight plays its part,

so I would say you've got a part.

What's your part? Who you are

You are who, who you are...

That help?

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering