Steal of a price on Moondogs on Audiogon.......

Cut-Throat

Sheltie,

Seeing that you have either Khorns or Belles or both looking at your signature line. - Here is what I would do. I would build a pair of DRD45s with TJ Mesh 45 tubes. I have a pair of Moondogs with Ultimate parts and TJ Mesh 2A3s that have sat idle ever since I've got the DRD45.

This could be a blessing in disguise for you. The DRD amps are so quiet and nice sounding, I doubt I'll ever listen to my Moondogs again, unless I'm modding the 45's. I'd probably sell the Moondogs, but I've got a bit of the collector in me and they took me a year to find on Audiogon, so I'm not letting go of them soon.

Build a pair of DRD45s in the Wood of your choice with TJ meshplate 45s and Ultimate Parts and you'll be glad someone else got the Moondogs.

And this is coming from someone that thinks pretty highly of the Moondogs!

Kelly,

I tend not to listen to anything that frequently. I rotate about 300 CDs. Rarely do I play the same CD within 2 weeks(unless it's new).

What I do listen to is mostly is 90% Contemporary Jazz. Various Artists such as Larry Carlton, Bob James, Grover Washington, Chris Botti, Acoustic Alchemy, The Rippingtons etc.

But these 45 amps play all types of music wonderfully as I play classical once in a while, and even Play some of Mick Jagger and his Rolling Stones just to see if they can rock!

I can see why a lot of audiophiles are smitten with the 45 Tube!

BTW - I don't know if you saw my post of a week or so ago. I spent the first couple months listening to the 45 amps tapped for 16 ohms into my 8 Ohm Belles. I was not getting all I could from the DRD45 - Changing them to 8 Ohms was a real ear-opener! I love these amps even more than I did before!

Jazman, Dee either still has or has had a set of 2A3s, and if he poked anyone for having a set, it probably was unintentional. He would be slamming himself at the same time, which doesn't help matters.

The only way I can even consider the DRD45s is if I can scrounge up another Hammond organ and move it for a $1000 profit. Can lightening strike twice in a month?

Meanwhile, I'll check out the Wellborne site again and read up on all the information available. Half the fun is doing the window shopping and reading the HOWs and WHYs this stuff acts the way it does.