Cornwall's with no "TYPE" or "SN" on rear label?

Dano

Hello everyone!

I recently acquired a pair of Klipsch Cornwall speakers in great shape and I'm very impressed with them. I have now begun to try to find out a little more about their pedigree, if you will. I've determined that they were made in 1977.

However, the rear lablel is blank where someone should have hand written the serial number the type, and the inspected. The only thing written on it, is the signature of the person who tested them, "NW Bradford". The serial number is however stamped into the wood on the back of the speakers. Is a blank label a common thing?

Thanks for any and all responses.

Dano1.gif

----------------

On 2/15/2004 10:58:16 PM Dano wrote:

Is a blank label a common thing?

----------------

2 out of 6 in my case... so it's nothing to worry about... pretty common. The wood stamped number will give you the date in any case...

Welcome on board...

Rob

----------------

On 2/15/2004 10:58:16 PM Dano wrote:

Hello everyone!

I recently acquired a pair of Klipsch Cornwall speakers in great shape and I'm very impressed with them. I have now begun to try to find out a little more about their pedigree, if you will. I've determined that they were made in 1977.

However, the rear lablel is blank where someone should have hand written the serial number the type, and the inspected. The only thing written on it, is the signature of the person who tested them, "NW Bradford". The serial number is however stamped into the wood on the back of the speakers. Is a blank label a common thing?

Thanks for any and all responses.

Dano
1.gif

----------------

Book 'em!3.gif

According to HDBRBuilder, late 1977 Klipsch was going all out with Cornwall production, making more of them than ever. As a result, some of the tags weren't signed and such. I also have a pair from late 1977 and one of the tags isn't signed off. However, I've been assured that the speakers were tested and inspected, the tags just weren't signed off.

Also, do you see two letters stamped on the back edge? Post here what you have. Those letters indicate who actually glued/screwed the speakers cabinets together.

Mace

Hi again. The serial numbers 12R116 & 12R117. These numbers are stamped onto the edge of the rear of the speakers. After close inspection I found "USA" stamped there and all by itself, either a letter "O" or a number "0", I'm not sure which. By the way, the wife thinks that 7 pairs of speakers is too much - go figure?

Therefore these speakers are on eBay right now :) Thanks, Dano.

"'78 Cornwalls stamped "AS" and "JC""

AS=me and my helper Steve, we built those cabinets...JC=Judy Clayton, who sanded those cabinets

"O" or "OD" is Ola Mae Davis, one of the sanding gals...and one of the older, more colorful personalities of her day at Klipsch...what a character SHE was!!