New test track for sub

michaelstano

I bought the "Lovers Live" Sade DVD concert (yeah, I know, a little embarrassing). It is generally terrific, but "Slave Song" has the most amazing bass I've heard on a music CD, DVD, or audio DVD. Maybe I'm just not listening to the right stuff otherwise. The SVS was set on 25Hz, and could have listened to that one cut all night.

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 2/16/2004 10:57:01 AM michaelstano wrote:

I bought the "Lovers Live" Sade DVD concert (yeah, I know, a little embarrassing). It is generally terrific, but "Slave Song" has the most amazing bass I've heard on a music CD, DVD, or audio DVD. Maybe I'm just not listening to the right stuff otherwise. The SVS was set on 25Hz, and could have listened to that one cut all night.

----------------

Nothing wrong with that, I love Sade's music.

>Nothing wrong with that, I love Sade's music

Not to mention that she's easy on the eyes! 11.gif

I too have that DVD and thought it was not only very well recorded, but the band's performance was excellent. She's got a nice cadre of musicians. I'd like to see her in concert.

For the music of course.

Really - I mean that. 11.gif

Tom

Hey guys,...

Is this Sade DVD, a DVD A?, or a regular DVD recorded in DD or DTS? I am going to be up to speed on DVD A in the near future, but I'm not there yet, and would like to find a couple really good DTS, or DD DVD's to play with in the mean time,...

Thanks for any suggestions,....GRCRY,...>>>--->

----------------

On 3/10/2004 1:49:52 PM gtDark wrote:

----------------

On 2/18/2004 2:51:59 PM formica wrote:

"Angel" by Massive Attack is one of my favorite *full frequency* test tracks
1.gif

----------------

Definitely a good track, pretty much quiet in the beginning except the solid *BOOM*.

----------------

just a bit more--if you like ANGEL or Massive Attack trip-hop type stuff check out LAMB--the song--Gorecki. gorgeous vocals, nice back beat. HOOVERPHONIC is also worth your time and effort as is EVERYTHING BUT THE GIRL--"tempermental"

a fav. bass test track of mine is HIGH ROLLER by Crystal Method

----------------

On 3/10/2004 5:21:51 PM RFinco wrote:

just a bit more--if you like ANGEL or Massive Attack trip-hop type stuff check out LAMB--the song--Gorecki. gorgeous vocals, nice back beat. HOOVERPHONIC is also worth your time and effort as is EVERYTHING BUT THE GIRL--"tempermental"

a fav. bass test track of mine is HIGH ROLLER by Crystal Method

----------------

I like your taste... 1.gif I have quite a few of those albums... and Lamb has always been a favourite of mine. Since we are in the Trip-Hop / Electronica bass type of recommendations, I'd like to throw in track 13 (I think it's called Terrible Funk) from Breakbeat Era's only album.

In a slightly different style, the bass in the live version of "Melt" by Front 242 has to be mentioned. 11.gif

Rob

----------------

On 3/11/2004 4:25:03 PM formica wrote:

..... I'd like to throw in track 13 (I think it's called Terrible Funk) from Breakbeat Era's only album.

In a slightly different style, the bass in the live version of "Melt" by Front 242 has to be mentioned.
11.gif

Rob

----------------

Breakbeat--nice call...How about WINE by BLUE SIX or just about anything from Zero-7.

and right along with your FRONT 242 mention---C TEC (jean Luc of F242's new project) STATELESS of of "Darker" has the deepest hardest electronic bass I've heard in a long long time, definitely the deepest of anything 242 has ever done...check it out!

Someone who doesnt buy into all the babyboomer re-re-re-released albums... 2.gif

Both Ctec albums were pretty good as well as the Colbalt60 one... but I never bought the Male-or-Female and Speed Tribe, given they are special order here. There is a MorF track playing on internet radio which is a nice mix of techno and industrial. Have you heard either group / albums?

Thanks, Blue Six and Zero-7 as are both new to me... Ill read/listen into them.

Would you happen to know who does the DnB song in the 2004 Nissan Sentra ad on TV? It reminds me of the heavier stuff of Technical Itch or Panacea, but Im pretty sure its neither.

Later...

Rob

----------------

On 3/11/2004 11:22:28 PM formica wrote:

Someone who doesn’t buy into all the babyboomer re-re-re-released albums...
2.gif

Both Ctec albums were pretty good as well as the Colbalt60 one... but I never bought the Male-or-Female and Speed Tribe, given they are “special order” here. There is a MorF track playing on internet radio which is a nice mix of techno and industrial. Have you heard either group / albums?

Thanks, Blue Six and Zero-7 as are both new to me... I’ll read/listen into them.

Would you happen to know who does the DnB song in the 2004 Nissan Sentra ad on TV? It reminds me of the heavier stuff of Technical Itch or Panacea, but I’m pretty sure it’s neither.

Later...

Rob

----------------

Cobalt is ok...i.e. cobalt is to F242 as Shineing is to Nitzer Ebb..both sorta born of the other, but a weak second "attempt" Blue Six is being used in deep house music everywhere--Miguel Miggs' NUDE series is fantastic for that type of music...

STATELESS by CTEC is just a speaker punishing song--salesmen just cringe when they hear that bass kick in...they know their gear is about to break.... :)

Hmm...I don't know DnB that well, but I have friends that do...I'll find out what track that is in the commercial...

you should check out ANDY C -- NIGHTLIFE if you can get it, that album is like....wow. the best DnB I've ever heard. only thing better is ANDY C live.

----------------

On 3/11/2004 11:22:28 PM formica wrote:

Would you happen to know who does the DnB song in the 2004 Nissan Sentra ad on TV? It reminds me of the heavier stuff of Technical Itch or Panacea, but....

Later...

Rob

----------------

a little research repeated one name: HERMIT BASTARD- song: Every Word You Say (instrumental)

website http://www.hermitbastard.com/HB.html

but i think the link is busted...