Need a center channel for my KG 5.5's

downdude

Hmmm -- I saw a KV-4 for sale on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1249920869 and I had always understood that to be a center for the Epic series (CF-n). However, on the Klipsch site, when you look under the Classic speakers for the KV-4, it shows it matches the Legend series and the KG5.5 and 4.5. I wonder if anyone can lend credence to this or dispute it???

Doug

Without hearing all these combinations (from looking at specs, type of horns and drivers used), the KLF-C7 would be the best match for the KG 5.5's which use the same dome material (polymer), the same horn (Tractrix) and very similiar efficiency.

For a smaller center, the KG 2.2V (Video shielded center) does not seem to line up quite as well as either the KV-3 or KG 2.5V which use the same polymer type dome as the 5.5 (but do not use the Tractrix horn). That should lead to a bit better timbre match than the 2.2V.

Okay, since I have not heard the combos, does anyone who owns a 2.2 and 5.5, etc. agree or disagree with me?

PhilH

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the KLF-C7

is MY preferred center for the KG5.5's.The C-7 is actually cheaper in the long run,as you buy,buy,buy your way to it,otherwise.

Keith

Nice point, TTK.

PhilH, I have the 2.2V with my KG 5.5, and they all sound fantastic together. I used to have the KV2, and didn't like it (same tweeter as KV3).

I wasn't aware of any differences between 2.2 and 2.5 speakers. Please elaborate more. Oh well, can't say I'm at all displeased with the performance of the 2.2. I don't even notice it's there, it blends so well.

Oh yea, I have the KG1 for rears, so it seems I have representation from all 3 KG generations in my system. I can honestly say that the only non-perfect matching sound is my right KG 5.5, as it is in a corner, and gets a reflection-interaction with it's adjacent wall that I can pick up during test tones.

So basically, room characteristics are more of a problem with my (and most others', I would guess) system than speaker model matching.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I