klipsch vs. polk audio

prodj101

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on,true German and Japanese cars are of...better quality.But the best American cars are of very good quality,in the low end however American cars lack finesse and attention to detail.

American show cars are awesome,when they finally end on the production line they strip them down and canibalise them.

Oh,the new BMW M5 is comming,a M Power V10 with 500HP! Oh yeah Lexus GS400 and MB AMG ...say your prayers now.0-60 in under 4 clicks!!! Super car performance in a super sedan,think about that.And priced at "only: 80-85 grand!

----------------

On 2/26/2004 5:17:45 PM Rdmarsiii wrote:

Nice, but it is still a rice burner...

----------------

Say what...

The Skyline V-Spec is a legend, and a legend for a reason. I have a video of a 1400HP R34 ripping the dyno apart and throwing off the people on the car, making them look like rag dolls.

Oh yes sir...

R34%20GT-R%20Blue%20side%20top.jpg

R34%20GT-R%20Blue%20rear%20right%20flame

pic1.jpg

Innova, you're completely correct. Anyone who thinks a skyline GT-R is a rice burner is hugely mistaken. It is, afterall, the equivalent of the Infinity G35 which I doubt anybody would call a rice burner (and by the way, the proper term here in Cali where it originated is "rice rocket").

With all drivers being equalled skilled, on many corner intensive tracks, EVEN without tuning the stock 280HP, a skyline GT-R or a Lan Evo VIII (to name only 2) can keep up within fractions of a second, if not only one second at most, with a 911 Turbo, a 360 Modena, and a host of other European supercars. Not to mention quite easily put an NSX Type S or Vette Z06 to shame because of their lack of 4WD.

As Ear said, many mid-priced domestic cars are not as well crafted or designed as their Japanese or European counterparts. However, the Ford GT is unquestionably amazing. The Z06 Vette is still formiddable. The Viper is crazy. And if Cadillac ever releases their 1000hp stock SIXTEEN...the world will stand still.

Oh, and Americans make the best trucks. No other country can lay a finger on American trucks.

BTW - has anyone else noticed how lately, many of these threads end up turning into debates over automobiles? Not that I have any problem with that. Just an interesting observation...

Being the Nissan ***** that I am, this is the car I just bought...

0112scc_sentra05_zoom.jpg

0112scc_sentra01_zoom.jpg

Its the Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V, got it for roughly $18,000. 175hp at 6000rpm, 180lbs/ft torque at 4000rpm (2.5L Inline 4 DOHC). Car is mighty nice, insanes amount of torque even through into the fourth gear, fast little ****er. For FWD, this thing drives damn good, it loves to hug the roads. Its no WRX, but it more then holds it own against a lot of RWD's and what not. Haven't timed it yet, but it suppost to do 0-60 in 6.9 seconds with a top speed of 145mph, and a quarter mile of 15.3 seconds. Not too shabby for under $20,000...thats for sure. Fun little car to drive, and I am loving the skyline seats in this car, comfy as all hell, the front resembles the GT-R quite a bit too. 6 Speed Manual short shifter, 17" Alloy Wheels, etc.

Sorry, im rambling..but this is one awesome little car...

pff, you guys keep posting pics of fugly cars, skylins and Sentra's? Give me a break, Remove the turbo charges (or should I say ***** charger) from those cars and you have? Nothing! 0-60 in 5 seconds is plenty fast enough for a freaking street start. If you want faster, get a Porsche, and if can't, then start saving your cash. For me, Id take an M3 with SMG and 19 inch stock wheel. That car flaunts more style and comfort then any of these pos's including that dodge viper. Have you ever been in a viper. I will say the new one is a lot better, but the old one is terrible. Same with the corvette. Again, but the 2005 vett is much better, but BMW has them all beat. Go test drive one if you have never done it. The M5 will blow you away, its so fun to drive. I cant say i like to new one tho, the V10 is nice, but the stlying of the BMW E65 is ****ing wacked!

----------------

On 2/26/2004 6:47:34 PM InnovaZero wrote:

Say what...

The Skyline V-Spec is a legend, and a legend for a reason. I have a video of a 1400HP R34 ripping the dyno apart and throwing off the people on the car, making them look like rag dolls.

----------------

And when you removed the turbo charger, you had a weed wacker.

----------------

On 2/27/2004 12:15:07 AM InnovaZero wrote:

Being the Nissan ***** that I am, this is the car I just bought...

"<a
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/roadtests/0112scc_sentra05_zoom.jpg" border="0">

"<a
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/roadtests/0112scc_sentra01_zoom.jpg" border="0">

Its the Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V, got it for roughly $18,000. 175hp at 6000rpm, 180lbs/ft torque at 4000rpm (2.5L Inline 4 DOHC). Car is mighty nice, insanes amount of torque even through into the fourth gear, fast little ****er. For FWD, this thing drives damn good, it loves to hug the roads. Its no WRX, but it more then holds it own against a lot of RWD's and what not. Haven't timed it yet, but it suppost to do 0-60 in 6.9 seconds with a top speed of 145mph, and a quarter mile of 15.3 seconds. Not too shabby for under $20,000...thats for sure. Fun little car to drive, and I am loving the skyline seats in this car, comfy as all hell, the front resembles the GT-R quite a bit too. 6 Speed Manual short shifter, 17" Alloy Wheels, etc.

Sorry, im rambling..but this is one awesome little car...

----------------

please you want horse power for 20,000 here you go.

enlarge_4[1>.jpg

230 horsepower, 250 ft-lb of torgue, and 0=60 in 5.8 secs. Dodge rules.

post-14416-1381925252356_thumb.jpg

Yes I realise the SRT is more powerful, but two things. I'm an Import lover, I test drove the SRT, yes its fast, but I didn't think it was fun as the SE-R Spec V, and it certainly didn't handle the curves as well as the SE-R spec V. (Which did the sallom(ep?) at 68mph, which is faster then either the Integra Type R or RSX Type S (both of which have more powerful engines). For a car that cost brand new $17,000-$18,000, i love it.

As for the who Skyline line, blah blah blah. First of all, the SE-R Spec-V is a Naturally Aspired 2.5L Inline 4, there is no "turbo" on it. I slap headers, intake, and exhaust and im pushing 200hp to the wheels on a light *** car(4 door that only weighs 2600lbs). As for the skyline, you must really know nothing about the engine. Even without the turbos, you can get 700-800hp out of that car without, and with 1400-1500hp (so far). The Skyline is a Gran Turismo car, it will eat 911's around the track.

As for BMW's and Porsche, yes awesome cars, handle well and very stylish...quite quick off the line. But they suck my nuts for speed per buck. I test drove the Z-3 and Z-4 models for example, fun *** cars to drive..but for the price...I could of found something better that wasn't just all style.

"Even without the turbos, you can get 700-800hp out of that car without, and with 1400-1500hp (so far)."

Hype,point me to the site with clear specs and 0-60 times,1/4 mile times and actual measured HP at the dyno.

800HP with no turbo! LOL 1500HP with turbo...for how long? A few laps and then complete motor rebuild.

Facts please,what is next you will tell me this fictive Skyline can keep up with a F1 Ferrari around the track? Or keep up with a top fuel funny car or dragster.

Please point some links,before I take any of these claims seriously

If there was really such a Skyline(I saw a few with 800-900HP...with TURBOS)I would see a site easy when doing searches.So again,point me to these 1500HP Skylines...no no not dragsters,cars you can drive day/day and use them like the original Skyline.

----------------

On 2/26/2004 7:15:58 PM nicholtl wrote:

BTW - has anyone else noticed how lately, many of these threads end up turning into debates over automobiles? Not that I have any problem with that. Just an interesting observation...

----------------

I was wondering the same thing...

And I was also wondering about these rated "HP" of some of the factory non-exotic racers ... supercharged or not. For some reason it reminds me of the wattage rating of some of the car audio equipment ?? Given these power ratings you would need incredible slicks to get the power to the pavement... even if they are AWD. Smoking tires is only for the movies and showing off.

Slalom and 1/4 mile are two very different things... different design priorities, different compromises, and VERY different tires. I've rode in 12sec cars (not through the 1/4 mile though)... they've got gobs of torque and will push you hard into your seat... but they are made of compromises. Any street legal 10sec car isn't very practical on any street.

My interest in power has faded into one for cruising, as it most reflects my lifestyle... right now i much prefer a nice/classic ragtop on a quiet country road or even cruising the urban jungle ... 1.gif It's one thing to rave/dream about cars one will NEVER buy and another thing to buy one that's fun and practical on a daily basis like InnovaZero got.

Cars, like audio, is about having fun... and you don't need an Ferrari Enzo to have fun.

Rob

I hope this helps Ears...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is one site that states a few records and such about the car:

Link

Here is another link with some itmes and stuff, and as you see Veilside has a Skyline doing 1300HP, and thats not even the most powerful skyline.

Link

Heres link with a couple of videos, look for the 200+mph Skyline or The race between two fast skylines:

Link

And here is a street car, a Skyline R33 GT-R...i'll find the video to it soon...

Link

----------------

On 2/27/2004 11:22:15 AM formica wrote:

----------------

On 2/26/2004 7:15:58 PM nicholtl wrote:

----------------

I was wondering the same thing...

And I was also wondering about these rated "HP" of some of the factory non-exotic racers ... supercharged or not. For some reason it reminds me of the wattage rating of some of the car audio equipment ?? Given these power ratings you would need incredible slicks to get the power to the pavement... even if they are AWD. Smoking tires is only for the movies and showing off.

Slalom and 1/4 mile are two very different things... different design priorities, different compromises, and VERY different tires. I've rode in 12sec cars (not through the 1/4 mile though)... they've got gobs of torque and will push you hard into your seat... but they are made of compromises. Any street legal 10sec car isn't very practical on any street.

My interest in power has faded into one for cruising, as it most reflects my lifestyle... right now i much prefer a nice/classic ragtop on a quiet country road or even cruising the urban jungle ...
1.gif
It's one thing to rave/dream about cars one will NEVER buy and another thing to buy one that's fun and practical on a daily basis like InnovaZero got.

Cars, like audio, is about having fun... and you don't need an Ferrari Enzo to have fun.

Rob

----------------

Well Said...

All the cars in the links use heavy turbo boost and many nitrous boots to further raise horesepower.And the VeilSide Skyline is the only credible performer among the 1300HP+ competition.Anyone can claim better performance

they have to prove it on the track with times and dyno tested HP.

Tyhe Blitz Skyline is another monster,I know how a Subaru WRX STi with a mere 300HP moves forward when pushed.A 1000HP+ four wheel drive must be sick