Large pic of svs sub a rf3II

TIbor

Very nice HT center. Quite the audio rack; we share the same great taste.

The SVS PB2 series is awesome, but you have to calibrate one properly so it does not get away from you. I do not regret matching the three series with my two SVS subs.

Enclosed are pics of the front left of my rig.

--------------------------

Samsung TXN3245FP,Harmon Kardon AVR 7200,Denon DVD-2900,RF3II,RC3II,RS35,KLF-C7,RC35,SVS 20-39PCi,SVS PB2-ISD

post-13160-13819253027544_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 2/24/2004 10:57:39 PM companion wrote:

what kind of svs sub's do you have and how you like them? cjgeraci

----------------

The sub in the left corner is a SVS PB2-ISD, and the sub in the right corner is a SVS 20-39PCi. My subwoofers evolved over the years, and I ended up with SVS subs due to their seamless blend with Klipsch mains and their performance to cost ratio. For most people with small to moderate-sized rooms, the SVS 20-39PCi would be more than enough subwoofer to fit their music/HT needs. Tight, clean bass all the way down to 20 HZ. However, I have an odd-shaped room and was looking for more impact when playing music and listening to certain movies. Many people (including Tom and Ron at SVS) have called the PB2-ISD the greatest bang for the buck in subs because of what you get for about $1000 (including shipping). Not only tight and clean bass, but the ability to provide lots of clean slam consistently down to 16HZ without any dropoff. Not only does the sub handle all of the great bass demos at very high volume levels without breaking a sweat (U-571, LOTR, Fight Club, etc.), but this is also a very musical sub. I have pushed and pushed this sub with very high volumes, but I have yet to hear it strain. At times, the PB2-ISD more than meets my needs, and I run just that sub.

The only caveat relates to its size. The PB2-ISD is large(18X25X28) and hefty (about 120 pounds). However, there is often no substitute for size when you are moving that kind of air. It may sound kind of silly, but I always recommend making a cardboard mockup of this sub to see if it fits into your decor and/or if it can be tolerated by your significant other because it is bigger in person than its looks in pics. That being said, I love this incredible sub. 10.gif

Carl.

------------------------------

Samsung TXN3245FP,Harmon Kardon AVR 7200,Denon DVD-2900,RF3II,RC3II,RS35,KLF-C7,RC35,SVS 20-39PCi,SVS PB2-ISD

Yamaha RX-V1300,Onkyo SKS-HT500,Axiom QS-8,HSU VTF-2