Tesla (into the now)

wheelman

Any tesla fans? The new one comes out next month. It has been ten years since their last album. And let me tell you it doesn't sound like it. They totally kick arse man. I downloaded the new album and i am definetly buying it to support them so they never go away. Just great to hear talent like that with a positive energy and not to mentions some of the best songs and guitar licks i heard in awhile since audioslave.

OHYEAH! I'll be grabbing that one..I have most of their stuff. They are one of my favorite bands. If you look closely at the picture of "My Theater" you can see the Mechanical Resonance LP framed on my wall. 2.gif

Also... Audioslave is one of my current favs.. they sound great.

I think I'll be picking it up. I've seen them in concert at least 3 times. Twice they were opening for Poison (the real reason I was there). I didn't even know who they were the first time I saw them. By the second time, I was a fan. I have all their stuff. I live about 40 miles from Texarkana. You know... "All I am is all I'm gonna be and that's just a boy form Texarkana..."

True story....

Was at a geeze... Def Leppard concert? Anyway, Tesla was there as the opening act. Def leppard was on. Had to run to the boys room. Litteraly I was running, I had to go bad. Seen this guy with long hair, cowboy boots walking out as I was walking in. Screeched to a halt. I will never forget what I said to the guy....

"Either I'm f'ed up, or your one of the guys from Tesla", he smiled and said "yeah, I Frank Hannon".... "Can I have your autograph"? "Sure he repied"...

Had his auto for a long time and lost it.7.gif

Oh well... As they sing... Easy Come Easy Go! 9.gif

Speaking of Frankie Hannon if your into playing guitar anyone. He's coming out with a signature all tube guitar amp. It's from a little company in CA. Called modern vintage. He used to use hi watt amps totally modded. No one could buy them. Some lucky bums get to catch them at the hard rock cafe acoustic set in PHilly March,2. Fits only 200 people and the tickets are like 9 dollars. Geeze i bet that aint sold out. I wonder if they will be using klipsch monitors being the hard rock or if they will use their own?

----------------

On 2/27/2004 9:39:00 PM HornEd wrote:

m00n, it is interesting that you stopped your run for the restroom long enough to get his autograph... while doing a little hip hop??? =HornEd

----------------

LOL... Yeah that's about what it was too.

• 2 weeks later...

OHHHH.... HELL YEAH!

Local rock station is having basically what amounts to a Tesla lunch hour. Playing some of the old kick-*** tesla classics as well as talking very nicely about the band. Lots of great comments.

Hey kiddies? Yeah kiddies? CMere... You hear that? Yeah? Yeah? Good! Thats called Rock and Roll. I need to break the news to you. The stuff yo have been listenting to on the raido for the last 10 years? Yeah you know what I'm talking about right? Yeah good! Well, I hate to break it to you, but that stuff is *CRAP*. What you are hearing now is the *FINE WINE* of rock and role. The good stuff if you will. The good (scarcasm) people in the recording industry have been hiding this good stuff from you for years now. Yeah really.... I know, I know.. They are basturds arn't they. I agree with you 100%.

I think they rounded it out like every album they do. Which why their so good. I thought they were a little on the heavier side of things this time plus the usuall mellow stuff that makes them great( the mixture of talent). If you are in anyway a fan it will grow immensly on you i think. Mayby not but the first time i heard it I liked it that was it now i love it. I still need to buy it i can't find it i have the mp3's of it. Super man you got to kick that kryptonite (mighty mouse). The worst song i thought at first now i like it. I think i will put it in and listen to it. You got me in the mood. I just gost ta hear it. HEAVEN'S LOOKING BETTER EVERYDAY!