Best Movie Scenes for Klipsch Home Theater

Euell

Here are some of the software I know ( in no particular order ) that allows you to create DVDs with menu and good sound.

1) Nero 6 with Nero Vision

2) Adobe Encore DVD 1.0

3) Ulead DVD Workshop 2

4) Sonic My DVD

5) Sonic ReelDVD

I think all of these software have 30-day trial version that you can download from their respective websites.

Give it a try.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched "The Missing". It is an excellent movie and the "spacial" sounds when they are in the open range is phenominal. Had a friend over - several times he looked back to see where those nature sounds were coming from!

Euell

----------------

On 3/3/2004 9:13:40 PM Euell wrote:

I have used Nerovision express - I have even made the chapters - but only with AVI and MPEG movies. I have never disected a DVD clip - but I am researching this as we "speak".

Euell

----------------

Euell, check your email as well.

----------------

On 3/3/2004 2:08:47 PM avman wrote:

congrats on the rsw-15.

i really am happy w/mine, and it should sound great w/yours.

one suggestion: if your receiver will allow,roll the bass off from the rf-7's to the sub @40Hz for the best performance.

avman.

----------------

Agreed. I am surprised by how many people don't get the concept of Crossovers.

I wish my receiver (Denon AVR-4802) was able to set crossovers for the individual channels like yours can. I am stuck with one generic crossover for all channels, but I still go with 40, even though my center and surrounds don't quite reach that low.

Todd -

You are the man - that is the best description I could ever hope for. I'm sure you spent many hours deciphering this and just saved me just as many - will let you know of my progress.

Thanks a million!

Euell

----------------

On 3/3/2004 2:42:26 PM avman wrote:

if you have rf-7's set at 80Hz, you might as well have gotten rb-75's...

avman.

----------------

That can be debated. Remember when setting cross-overs that they aren't brick walls, but slopes. Therefore, various settings need to be experimented with. Generally, the settings to try range from the bottom of the main speakers' range to an octave above that. This will allow a smoother tranisition from the mains to the sub.

Not saying one method is always right, just trying to point out why it's important to "tweak".

John

----------------

On 3/4/2004 10:17:43 PM yromj wrote:

That can be debated. Remember when setting cross-overs that they aren't brick walls, but slopes. Therefore, various settings need to be experimented with. Generally, the settings to try range from the bottom of the main speakers' range to an octave above that. This will allow a smoother tranisition from the mains to the sub.

John

----------------

Also, remember that The speaker's Frequency Response aren't brick walls, but slopes. Not that any of this has to do with the original topic2.gif

Thanks to all who replyed. My son and his roomate have decided to attempt to make a demo disc of the best scenes for HT. I'll post the list as soon as they finish compiling it to see if they missed any "must haves". Many, Many thanks to Todd (toddvj) for his excellent "how to" guide for doing this.

If you all can think of any more - keep posting them!

Thanks again

Euell