Best Movie Scenes for Klipsch Home Theater

Euell

I'd like to get opinions on the best scenes to show of your HT setup (sorry if this has been done before) Here's some to start it off :

1) Matrix - the lobby shootout

2) Gladiator - Unleash Hell (Opening battle scene)

3) LOTR - The Fellowship of the Rings - The Death of Sauron (Real sub showcaser)

What are your top 3 - 5?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as showcasing my Klipsch speakers specifically , three of my favorites are....

1. Blood The Last Vampire (awesome use of surrounds!)

2. DareDevil (A+++++ sound!)

3. Jackie Brown (great sound from beginning to end!)

4. Open Range (the gunfight is incredible sounding!)

Some fun bass heavy scenes for showing off my subwoofer:

1. Tapping on the Glass scene from Finding Nemo

2. Star Wars AOTC , lots of bass throughout.

I've got a completely different type of scene that I feel shows off the detail possible w/ Klipsch speakers. It's the scene in The Bourne Identity where he's outside the embassy on the fire escape. The environmental sounds (wind, birds,etc.) really put you there.

$0.02,

John

The most scenes in Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, Bands of brothers(it's a series but as good as many films), all those war films(can't remember all of their names 14.gif ) the gladiator's first battle and those LOTR's battles. When the arrows/bullets pass through your ears you will just try to hide!

And some dramas movies.......... you think they are too plain for the sound, don't have those grenades and stuff, they don't have those. However they do have some small details like the wind blows the leaves or the birds' voices that make u feel like you are there. 9.gif

I'm making a list now of the ones you guys are pointing out that I have not seen.

As far as "spacial" sounds - my favorite so far is "Seven" (Special Edition) - the scenes in the pouring rain are amazing - makes you feel like you should be wet.

My son and I are toying with the idea of creating a demo disc with exerpts from these movies - what a great way to check out home theatre listening rooms and show off your HT setup.

Keep 'em coming!

Euell

----------------

On 3/1/2004 3:12:19 PM om13934 wrote:

I just finished watching the Italian Job. (DD) The detail of my systme was great. Nice clean sound throughout.

----------------

I agree - I had just watched it myself - the sound is crisp and clean.

Euell

----------------

On 2/29/2004 7:06:58 PM Pistol Pete wrote:

As far as showcasing my Klipsch speakers specifically , three of my favorites are....

1. Blood The Last Vampire (awesome use of surrounds!)

2. DareDevil (A+++++ sound!)

3. Jackie Brown (great sound from beginning to end!)

4. Open Range (the gunfight is incredible sounding!)

Some fun bass heavy scenes for showing off my subwoofer:

1. Tapping on the Glass scene from Finding Nemo

2. Star Wars AOTC , lots of bass throughout.

----------------

Daredevil was awesome for sound - I didn't really care the for movie - but it rocked the HT system!

I am going to pick up Star Wars AOTC tonight - I seem to remember awesome sound in the theater. My new KSW-12 is on the way so it will be a good one to break it in with...

Thanks - Euell

Guest Anonymous

All above are Great, XXX full movie, but avalanche scene is awesome. James Bond Die another Day, great sountrack there, Blue Crush, feels like the waves are gonna crush ya. Warched Titan AE yesterday, didn't know it was anaimation, great soundtrack but less bass on DTS than DD.

With my sub(SVS B4-plus/Crown K2 2500 watts), all well recorded movies are GREAT, also perfect Timbre match with 5 corns helps a lot

See ya at the movies, heh heh heh11.gif

----------------

On 3/1/2004 5:40:19 PM smilin wrote:

All above are Great, XXX full movie, but avalanche scene is awesome. James Bond Die another Day, great sountrack there, Blue Crush, feels like the waves are gonna crush ya. Warched Titan AE yesterday, didn't know it was anaimation, great soundtrack but less bass on DTS than DD.

With my sub(SVS B4-plus/Crown K2 2500 watts), all well recorded movies are GREAT, also perfect Timbre match with 5 corns helps a lot

See ya at the movies, heh heh heh
11.gif

----------------

Die Another Day, definitely a winner!!

3.gif

Tom

--------------------

matrix reloaded chapter 3, its like 2 minutes and gives your system a great workout, especially the end when NEO takes off, i registered like 121db @ 1m on that part.

--------------------

I'd just like to second this. The scene with all the melee' weapons and the part where they line up and unload a wall of lead at neo. Great detail with the guns' action noises.

----------------

On 3/1/2004 3:03:42 PM Frzninvt wrote:

The battle with the Borg Cube in the beginning of Star Trek First Contact is a good one.

----------------

yeah buddy!!

that is a scene i used to play to demo the difference between dolby pro-logic and dolby digital.

here's a few of my faves that HAVEN'T been mentioned('cause some already listed are GREAT!)

1. house of yes-yes at the house of blues: go to extras and play the 5.1 version of 'homeworld' around 6:50 into it,HOLD ON! bass DEEP AND POWERFUL.

2. swordfish: bank scene when they try to rescue the hostage(CAUTION:strong language)

3. fifth element: viola-the ZF-19.gif

4. godzilla: i don't use this much now after 9-11, but the first 'fire at will' scene is INCREDIBLE!

5. behind enemy lines:TWO SCENES!

the sam attack and 'hell in hac'

o.k.,that's 5 so i'll stop2.gif

avman.