Hk 7200 VS. Integra DTR 8.4

raist679

I recently had posted about my Integra 8.4 being for sale. I have a few intrested buyer, however I was able to come up with the money to fix my car's transmission. I now have the option of keeping the Integra receiver, but I see that onecall.com has HK 7200's for 788.00. My question is wether or not I should save some cash and sell the Integra in favor of the HK? I haven't found anyone local with a 7200 to demo. However I've hear the sound quality is excellent and that they are loaded with power. The Integra does sound really great, but I think I could live without the THX certification and DTS-ES 96/24. It also seems somewhat underpowered even though I can listen to movies very loud noise levels. Any opinions or info would be greatly appreciated.

I can only guess the 7200 would blow your mind.I have the 630 in my house and its better than any I tried,and I've auditioned a bunch lately.I put the 630 up against my 3803,no contest,the 3803 is clean and pure but not this kind of authority.I have a 53tx in my floor right now and its not even in the running for music.

The 53/55txi has lots of dazzling features that could really "wow ya"but I'm going strictly for sound.Onkyo is also a HT avr,for music its cold(I've owned 3).I've auditioned Kenwood,Yamaha and most other mass mkt.The HK is hands down,without a doubt,not even really close the best AVR in the mass mkt world.

I also have a 7200 on the way,sorry to tell ya that one call just raised the price on the 7200 about 50 bucks.

Thanks a lot for the reply. It's just been a while since I've heard a HK hooked up properly to good equipment. At least one not at Circuit City anyway. I think I might pick one of these beast up. The question is where to put a 60lb receiver?

I went to a place downtown that had an Integra 7.4 hooked up to some NHT speakers and I didn't think it sounded as open and full as the AVR-630 I listened to at circuit city (powering that Velodyne sub/sat system). I know they were different speakers, but the H/k sounded very nice....not to mention its a pretty heavy reciever for its class. Anyway, I think the 630 sounds nice, but I've been told the 7200 is better.

P.S.

Do you/anyone know how a H/K avr-630 or 7200 fares against the Marantz SR-18?

I just recently bought an AVR 7200, and therefore, I am in the process of selling my AVR 525. I really like my 525, but the recent price drop forced my hand.

Very, very clean and very powerful. The sound is typical Harman Kardon (laid back, smooth), but even improved over the 525. You are running seven series up front, and it would be a match made in heaven. I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on the 7200.

-----------------------

Samsung TXN3245FP,Harmon Kardon AVR 7200,Denon DVD-2900,RF3II,RC3II,RS35,KLF-C7,RC35,SVS 20-39PCi,SVS PB2-ISD

----------------

On 3/1/2004 9:06:32 PM Fish wrote:

I also have a 7200 on the way,sorry to tell ya that one call just raised the price on the 7200 about 50 bucks.

----------------

You will be pleased with your 7200. BTW, soundcity.com (an authorized dealer) still has the same competitive price. They shipped quickly, and the unit arrived in great shape.

-----------------

Samsung TXN3245FP,Harmon Kardon AVR 7200,Denon DVD-2900,RF3II,RC3II,RS35,KLF-C7,RC35,SVS 20-39PCi,SVS PB2-ISD

----------------

On 3/1/2004 9:41:12 PM raist679 wrote:

I think I might pick one of these beast up. The question is where to put a 60lb receiver?

----------------

The weight of the receiver posed an interesting challenge. I shopped and shopped high-end racks but just could not find the one I wanted. I ended up buying a TV stand (Sanus) from BB that can also be used as a component rack. It has black shelves with brushed metal legs and poles. It looks fantastic and supports the receiver beautifully (7200 is on top). About $150.

-----------------