OPINIONS PLEASE Velodyne ULD-15 Series II

RAPTORMAN

I am thinking of getting a pre-owned VELODYNE ULD-15 SERIES II from a local dealer

Anybody with experience with this subwoofer????

Feedback appreciated--- before I make a decision.

I presently own a KSW 15--I need more chest pounding Bass on my HT.

Thanks

Raptorman

That Velodyne will annihilate the KSW-15, and at that price you cant go wrong. The difference will astound you. I went from a KSW-15 to a used Velodyne F-1500R and there is no comparison, the bass is tremendous and the volume is set to "3" on the Velo. Try it I you will most certainly like it!

I concur on the Velo. I remember that one now.

I like the 963SA. It's the only SACD player I've really listened to (and the main reason I got it). On video, I'm only using it for 480i right now, but when I get my PJ, it'll be doing 480p or possibly 1080i (using a firmware hack). Does a great job on colors and clarity.

I had one of those (ULD15 original series) about 20 years ago.

The ULD15 series II is about four generations behind the current crop of subs. It's sort of like comparing Charles Atlas to the current Mr. Universe. In its day it was one of, if not the, best sub made. It is certainly worth more than $400.

But, it is not an RSW15 or SVSPB2. It goes very deep, and is wonderfully musical, and has very low distortion, but does not have the shear kick you back on your a$$ explosive power that the current premiere subs (of any manufacturer) have.

Compared to currently manufactured $400 subs, that Velodyne is in a completely nother league. Way better. Compared to currently manufactured top of the line big powerhouse subs, well, hi, Grandpappy...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of getting a pre-owned VELODYNE ULD-15 SERIES II from a local dealer

Thanks

Raptorman

You got some serious bass addiction issues bro. :P You need MORE bass then what the KSW-15 offers?? Your home theater room must be HUUUUGE.

I am thinking of

getting a pre-owned VELODYNE ULD-15 SERIES II from a local dealer

Thanks

Raptorman

You

got some serious bass addiction issues bro. :P You need MORE bass

then what the KSW-15 offers?? Your home theater room must be

HUUUUGE.

The KSW-15 is not particularly loud or clean, nor does it go terribly

deep. I know, I have one. It would be fine for the synergy series, but

not for the RF's or heritage.

From personal experience, If you are not going to spring for an HGS-18 Series 2 or the newer DD series, I would go with the SVS Ultra, and below this, the SVS Plus.

Below the HGS series 2 or DD level, you are not gaining any unique advantage except for a very expensive logo and you are paying a premium for their retail marketing model (the middle man does very nicely!).