RS 7 or Heresy

kktvbob

My system is cornwalls and heresys. What I need are new side speakers and my room were I sit is only 15ft its l shaped. I was leaning to the rs7s but have never ran dipole speakers. what will I give up and gain with the two speakers. Not sure if I want heresys above someones head and need to hang it. Just looking for some input THANKS

Use Heresys. Putting them overhead will give you a great 3D ambiance for surround and still be monopole full range giving that great heritage sound for kicken rock concerts.

I use Heresys for my sides and rears in my 7.1 Heritage HT.

I made plywood brackets that mount to the rear of the Heresy and to my ceiling and walls. They are mounted to in the against the wall and ceiling angled down to the sweet spot and do a GREAT job.

Otherwise by the KPT 250 (I think.. just look them up...Sorry I am too lazy to open a new window right now) They are basically a angled Heresy for Theaters.

JM

You need something in the Heritage line for a correct timbre match. Some folks say that timbre match on the rear surrounds is not important. That is not my experience. I have Heresys all around and am quite pleased.

As far as flying them, I think you might do better without. Mine are on the floor, behind the listening area. There isn't a direct bean to the listener's ear. This helps produce a more diffuse sound, which is what you typically want from rear surrounds. Flying the speakers and pointing them at the listener is going to have a different result.

I'm using RS7's with a k-horn/belle front trio. It sounds great with music that mostly just puts room ambience in the back (especially 2-channel played back with dolby pl-II), but not as good with DVD-A and SACD when music is placed hard in the back channels.

Like you, my setup, which puts the sweet spot about 2ft from the rear wall, does not lend itself to heresy back surrounds. Still, I am planning to go to heresy II's for the side surrounds, and then I'll worry about the back surrounds. (geez, it's always somethin'!)