how to set up new system

devlin24

Hi all,

I have a question about speaker set up for my new klipsch HT. The dealer wanted $250 to come to my house to just come and calibrate my system. I have everything set up i just always here you guys talking about technial things i dont really understand and i want to have the best sound i can for all the money i have spent. I heard you can get something from radio shack to help with setting up your speakers but wouldn't know what to do with it or how they can charge $250 when all you have to do is buy something for $40 and it would do the same thing.

I have a denon 3803

mains SF-1 (yes i will be upgrading soon)

center RC-25

rear RCW-5

sub cheap pos but looking at definitive supercub 2(have wife)

it is an spl meter, it runs about 30 dollars, it can be used in conjunction with your pink noise calibration for your speakers, simply follow the instructions, in your set up manual, its a piece of cake. plus this way you begin learning how to tweak your system12.gif

I just heard about the AVIA home theater setup disk. I haven't been able to find it at Best Buy or Circuit City, although BB does have one recommended by Sound & Vision mag. (Seems like the software company is Ovation.) Any recommendations on where to purchase?

David