Anyone want a Laptop?

Rdmarsiii

I have been trying to get a nice pair of Klipsch speakers, but have been unsuccessful at doing so. I have made my final decision. I will sell or trade my laptop. It is a Sony PCG-F540. I want $500 for it. One went on ebay today for $522. It is a Pentium 3 500 Mhz., 192 MB of RAM, 6 GB hard drive, and a 14.1" screen. It got a new battery back in January. PM me if you want pictures or further specs. It is in like new condition. I will trade for a pair of Heresy's, or any other heritage series speaker, or maybe even a late model. Please help me! Thanks! 1.gif

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 3/4/2004 10:09:31 PM Griffinator wrote:

for $522, somebody got rooked.

----------------

Second hand laptops keep their prices really really high even they are old. I don't see the reasons after observing for months........

You get the new Dell/HP/Compaq desktop replacement laptop for $800 with 2.2ghz celeron 40gb 15"lcd etc and second hand market sell their IBM P2 350 for $500 11.gif

David,

I hate to throw a cold blanket on this, but I'd forget the idea of selling the laptop. I was the CTO of an internet company that went belly up some time back, and I tried to move several laptops (Sony Vaio, various Toshiba, few IBM Thinkpads) on EBay. I was unable to successfully complete a *SINGLE* deal. I'd get winning bids, but the bidders never followed through. I eventually figured out that what was happening was people would place low bids on dozens and dozens of auctions, then wait to see if they won any of them, and go with the best computer for the lowest price and to heck with the other winning bids. Nothing you can do about it.

Also, as several other posters pointed out in this thread, the prices of new systems keeps plumetting while speed / capacity / features go up. New systems come with warranties, customer support, newer rev of windows and aps, etc. I seriously doubt you'll find a buyer for your laptop, unless you're willing to sell it for, like, $50. Even then.

Again, just because you saw auctions close with winning bids of +$500 doesn't mean anyone actually paid that much for anything. Bet if you emailed the sellers, you'd find the winning bidders evaporated.

Ray Garrison

You might wanna try www.craigslist.org since there is no age requirement, and for the 6 times i've posted ads on there from anything ranging from old sony speakers to a macintosh G4 to a USB hub, I've gotten several callbacks all in the same day. Could be because I'm in LA, but I think you might find some luck too...since all the categories are broken down by city.

But dude, get over it. You're not going to get more than $100 for your laptop. Even with new software...it doesn't mean anything because nowadays everybody knows someone who can get free copies of registered software. You're just going to have to accept it.

"3 years in computer world = extremly long time"

Its like a travel in time from stone age to the information(Wolf Blitz Errrrr on SeeNN)age.

A three yeard old laptop loses less value than a three year old desktop,a 3 year old desktop that was going for $1500 would maybe be worth $300 today...in great shape.A 3 year old Dell dude laptop that was going for $1500 three years ago would at max be worth $600 today,in near perfect condition with all components working.

Any scratch or dent substract $10/dent or scratch 2.gif

Well, color me surprized.

Congradulations, guess that's why I'm not working in sales for a living. "$450 for my laptop? Oh no sir, it's not really worth that much, why don't you give me $150 and we'll call it even."

Let this be a lesson in life's ways... if *YOU* think you can do something, and everyone else tells you you're nuts, it's what *YOU* think you can do that matters. Not what I or anyone else thinks.

Congrats again.

So, what are you going to get?

I want to get Dave's Heresy's for $450 and they are in like new condition, a dude wants to sell me his Infinity Entra 3 towers for $230, and another guy wanting to sell me some KG-4.2's for $250 shipped. I really dont know what to do. I told Dave I am going to buy his, but there is the problem that I need a ride to get them...