Woo Hoo, Wife said " whatever, get what you want"

mandi

So now that I have the hall pass, I can actively begin pursuing the Khorns. I need to post a pic but let me ask if this sounds like it will work. The long wall that the TV is centered on is 30 feet long, the TV is in the center with the Cornwalls on each side. If I get Khorns and put them in the corners (about 5 feet seperation from the cornwalls) can I turn both Cornwalls and the KLF-C7 into my center and keep the fortes as surrounds and heresys as rears? I guess my main question is, How do I make both CWs and C7 the center when the rcv is thinking this is just ONE speaker?

fini-

I'm with you...French maid would be my next choice. But what about HornEd? He's got Klipschorns, and Klipschorns, and Belles, etc, and now he has his Swiss Miss. Guess he's set for life. Do you think the Swiss would try on a little French outfit? 11.gif

Yeah, I gotta agree with Todd. I'm not so sure "Whatever, get what you want" is the same as "Get whatever you want."

If it does mean the same, then Fini is definitely on the right track. With a name like Fini, though, he has to biased toward the French maid. Maybe you'd prefer a Geisha instead.

well if you really wanna connect all 3 (which i don't think is a good idea), you'll want to wire the cornwalls in parrallel and then put the RC7 in series with the cornwalls and this will give you a 12ohm load. if you put all of them in parallel, then you'll be left with an 8/3ohm load which is less than 2 ohms which would break the amp.

however, just using the 2 cornwalls on each side of the TV would probably be the better approach...if not just one single cornwall centered in the middle.

cornwalls are 8 ohms right?

----------------

On 3/10/2004 12:17:35 PM jhawk92 wrote:

fini-

I'm with you...French maid would be my next choice. But what about HornEd?

----------------

I've met HornEd in person, and I do not want to see him in a French maid's outfit (that is where you were headed with this reasoning, right?). Maybe lederhosen and a "Ricolla" horn, though!

----------------

On 3/10/2004 4:02:00 PM fini wrote:

----------------

On 3/10/2004 12:17:35 PM jhawk92 wrote:

fini-

I'm with you...French maid would be my next choice. But what about HornEd?

----------------

I've met HornEd in person, and I
do not
want to see him in a French maid's outfit (that
is
where you were headed with this reasoning, right?). Maybe lederhosen and a "Ricolla" horn, though!

----------------

FINI-you crack me up!

i would use one cornwall as the center channel and heresys as rears.

avman.

I've met fini and he is definitely a ladies man... why I've been told that he lives with a whole houseful of sweet young things! And after living in France for years, I have some define "French Maid" audio experiments. As for having my Swiss Miss cavort about the house in a French Maid's outfit... I think I'd rather watch her race up and down this mountain as she does now naturally.

I'm having a bulldozer clearing the trails so I can keep up in my all terrain modified gas golf car. I mean if she's keeping up with my Klipschorns, I gotta find a way to keep up with her. She used to be a marathon runner... hmmm, no wonder she caught me so easily! 2.gif -HornEd

----------------

On 3/9/2004 10:42:19 PM mandi wrote:

can I turn both Cornwalls and the KLF-C7 into my center and keep the fortes as surrounds and heresys as rears? I guess my main question is, How do I make both CWs and C7 the center when the rcv is thinking this is just ONE speaker?

----------------

Is there a good reason to continue to use the KLF-C7 at all with this setup? It seems to me that the Cornwalls are such superior speakers to the KLF-C7 that it would be more of detriment than a compliment to overall sound of the system. IMO, which I base on a previous system that I had with a KLF-C7 as the center between a pair of Heresy's, the timbre match of the KLF-C7 and any Heritage speaker is nearly non-existant.

Especially with Khorns as the mains, I wouldn't recommend using a KLF-C7 as anything other than an effects speaker. That's not to say that I dislike the KLF-C7, it's absolutely a fine speaker. But, since the center channel is such a major part of a 5.1 surround system, I think it's a very poor choice between a pair of Klipschorns.

I recommend saving yourself the effort it will require to hook up both of your Cornwalls and the KLF-C7. Either go with a single Cornwall, or (perhaps more ideally) figure out a way to use the two of them, without the KLF-C7 in the mix.

Well, thanks for the input. As far as using the C7, I am just one of those types that once I have it I do not want to part with it and thought about using it. But I will probably just use the CWs. This will probably be a long time out. I have to find some that I can pick up and I also have to mow a lot of lawns this summer.

I have read about the C7 and the timbre matching. I do not know if I have a "good" ear. I would love to hear the difference, if someone lives in NW Arkansas with an Academy bring it over and I will fix you dinner.

Anyway, thanks for the tips. I am new to all this and still having to control my "wants". Like what is the sound difference with a tube amp. I do not know if I have ever heard one.