Unbelievable Electronics Website

Rdog

Onecall is usually quite clear on their web site when a unit is a referb. Customer service varies depending on the employee on the other end of the phone. I have had no problem returning merchandise, but I am in the same city.

When prices are super low, it is usually an indication that there is some difficulty selling the merchandise. Onecall buys such merchandise in quantity and passes on the savings. Sometimes the deal is excellent, sometimes the merchandise is of poor quality. Onecall trys to avoid the bad stuff, but gets stung sometimes just like consumers. They bought a bad batch of DVD players from a major brand. They got all of their sales back as returns. They were not happy and stopped carrying that brand of DVD players.

Bill

PS: I currently have six major pieces of gear from their local retailer, Huppins. Prior transactions would probably run the total to ten or more pieces of equipment. I have received good prices, good service, good gear (most of the time) and find it easy to return merchandise for exchange. B

Iv'e known about onecall.com years before i owned a computer. I found their ad in back of every sound and vision magazine ever printed. Not really but alot. I got a nice toshiba dvd player off of them and it was awesome. It was a brand spankin new unit so i didn't have anything to risk. Still kind of hard to beat the specs that dvd player had signal to noise ratio of 120 minimum at 140 dollars even at today's prices. It also had hdcd. I am aware of the recomendation discount. They call it the burger king rebate or something. Just enough to get a meal from burger king. YOu get like five dollars is that still the going rate. But goodluck on your receiver i think you will be ok. Plus the deal you got for that monster sounds good. You may need a forklift.

awesome, glad they are refunding you. I have not purchased speaker cable yet. I usually use monster cable and I know many will say it is a waste of money. I have not decided what to use with the new speakers. Many this new receiver is beautiful have it powering the infinity speakers I am selling. A lot louder than the 525 and more crisper or at least as far as I can tell.

----------------

On 3/13/2004 9:53:28 PM BigBusa wrote:

I bought an HK avr510 refurb unit and it was defective right out of the box. I don't think they really do any refurbishing to these things.

----------------

I bought an onkyo rebubished that wasn't reburbed too. From ecost but they took care of it after i slandered their name all over the web. Then the president called me personally and apologized. It took about thirty emails banning ecost and i got results. Mayby that will straighten em up for further purchases from other consumers. The point being even if they did take care of it. It was a major pain in the *** to wait for it and shipp it. I would buy from them again as long i know i am prepared to have it serviced. And the price is right

Every time I see this thread I think about the $100 it cost me to get a DOA unit.Is it just me or is that crazy?I order an item,pay for it + shipping,its DOA and I have to pay another 50 bucks to send it back so I can be refunded ONLY the original price less shipping.If thats a good deal I'll just let the B&M burn my a$$.