Unbelievable Electronics Website

Rdog

Man www.onecall.com has unbelievable prices on electronics. I just purchased a Harman Kardon AVR7200 for 788. If you use them mention that I referred you:Russell Hammond Thanks. Check it out they have really good deals on everything and they are an authorized dealer.

Here's the real deal,if you buy from onecall and it arrives DOA,YOU,pay shipping back+you already paid the original shipping to you.That is $100.00 extra I paid just for recieving a DOA 7200.Just mentioned it so everyone can factor the odds of getting a unit that poops out or is doa.Happy listening!

I found out about Onecall in an odd way. I originally purchased a HK AVR8000 about a year ago from the HK refurbished site. When the first unit arrived, I could hear a "buzzing" sound from my center speaker. I spoke to HK and they indicated that some units had this problem and they would gladly take it back. They paid for everything. I went through 4 other units with the same problem. During this ordeal, I did some net research into the buzzing problem. It turns out that many others had the same problem, mostly units purchased from Onecall. Those guys got stuck paying shipping and in general bad deals. I was very fortunate to work directly with HK, who took great care of me.

In the end, they could not guarantee a perfect unit, and eventually started pointing fingers at my efficient speakers. I got my money back and decided to go for it and get the system I had really wanted, my Parasound Halo separates. Again, HK treated me like gold, but in reading many posts about problems I found horror stories about Onecall.

watch out for ONECALL buyer beware with their stuff. IF!! you were going to go that route you might want to check out www.etronics.com because they are similar....but, many of these sites are shady...

what are you looking for specifically?

if you have an idea about what you want I can probably give you some good reputable places to get it...I bought basically my entire home theater setup on line....

one person you might want to email or talk to is JOSH LEHMAN aka DOC DVD. he sets up quite a few buys on equipment--all on the level, all new in the box type stuff. he's like a "broker" so you still get the warrenties and such.

you can just google "doc DVD" and you'll get his website which is www.docdvd.com

I've bought a few Pioneer ELITE pieces from him at fantastic prices WITH full warrenties...(i got my receiver new in the box-2 months after it came out for 2400 bucks--thats 1300 less than the stores out here were selling it for!!)

I think his EMAIL is JLehman@docdvd.com and he is located in ATLANTA.

heres some info about him:

Joshua David Lehman MCSE, Certified Web Master Chief Executive Officer/Publisher Digital Man Interactive, Inc./dba eTEKSupport Services DocDVD.com/DVDPhD.com/GameGeekz.com #262 2625 Piedmont Road, Suite 56 Atlanta, GA 30324 (404) 421-9909 Direct Line/Mobile Forwarding Line jlehman@docdvd.com www.docdvd.com www.dvdphd.com www.gamegeekz.com www.eteksupport.com www.buydvdsoftware.com

see if he can help you in any way.

he hangs around the FLAGSHIP AV/RECEIVER forums quite a bit too..but if you contact him directly he's more responsive...

fyi: those forums can be found at:

http://pub106.ezboard.com/baussiedvdandhtforum

I was not aware of this either. I called and they told me the unit was brand new. I should be receiving it tmrw so I will let you know how it goes. If it is dead can I deal directly with HK instead of having to ship it back to onecall?

I guess I'm the odd one out here. I have made a couple of purchases from Onecall.com within the last few months and have had absolutely no problems. Both times I called with a lower price, which they matched. Maybe it's just the HK products you have to be careful with.

Russell,

Thats not very good news to hear about this - I just bought one myself from OneCall - you got yours for $50 less then me - just recieved tonight - looks like a new unit but will have to wait to see if I have any issues - my speakers are coming in on Friday. On the return slip it says you have up to 15 days upon reciept to return defective merchandise.

I'm crossing my fingers!

Bill in Tampa

After looking at onecall website it doesn't say anywhere that this is a new item. They can tell you anything over the phone - has anyone experienced them telling you that it was a new item and found out later that it was a return?

Being authorized we can still go to the local HK service center - their website says this:

Harman Kardon will cover the cost of replacement parts for two years as well as the labor required to install / service those parts. Simply bring the AVR7200 into your local Harman Kardon authorized service center and Harman Kardon will cover the charges. (Warranty period valid from date of purchase)

At least you have this benefit but it sure seems crappy if they tell you its new and its actually used!

OneCall did have some decent reviews on the web though- thats why I chose them!

Smartling that is exactly why I chose them, everyone said they had good service, the only thing that sucked was that you had to pay for the return shipping if you got a bad one. Which I calculated it and it is only 40 to return. Wgich is not too bad. I called two people there and they said that the unit was brand new. I also instant messaged them and they gave me a refund for some of money. Because I like you had bought before the 50 dollar drop. Try it they at least gave me 22 bucks back.

HK may be a little unique, as they seem to honor warranties from a lot of online dealers. I bought a HK signature pramp/processor from UBID.com (great deal). It came fine, but a year later the digital inputs fried. HK fixed it, all I needed was the online receipt. No probs since. HK does stand behind their products, period.