B&K ref 30 owners?

Fish

I had the Ref 50 for a couple of weeks, sounded fantastic, better than the Denon AVR-4800 I was using as a pre/pro. I just did not like the functionality of the Ref 50 so I took it back and got the NAD T163 instead. You will like the sound of the Ref 30 with Klipsch I'm sure but don't pay too much for it though. I got the Ref 50 brand new for $1500 from an authorized dealer.

Yeah the guy on audiogon is what got me goin,he has two left w/3yr warranty.My local Rotel dealer is expecting the 1068 any minute,if not for that I probably would have already bought the 30,thanks.

the on,ly negative thing I've ever felt towards B&K was they can be kind of a pain to set up and configure. That said, once you get past that it is really easy to operate and very user-friendly. The only reason I moved from it was a unique opportunity to get the Krell gear for next to nothing. I would easily consider B&K in the future.

----------------

On 3/12/2004 5:55:19 PM arthurs wrote:

there's one on ebay from an authorized dealer (easy to verify) with bid starting at $1400.

----------------

I wouldn't buy one off the net even if it's an authorized dealer. I don't think updates are available from B&K over the internet-and I think there have been quite a few updates so far-I think one either has to return it to the dealer or send it to B&K. If I bought it at Sound Advice I could just take it two miles down the street to them to be updated. No shipping charges to pay.