Heads-up! '67 K-horns in NorCal

gullahisland

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd give you a heads-up regarding a pair of 1967 K-horns for sale in Northern California. I just saw the ad this morning and it looks like it was posted last night.

Here's a copy of the text, followed by a link in the event you're interested. He's asking $2,500 but considering the rarity perhaps not a bad deal, eh?

Here you go:

Offering a pair of legendary KlipschHorn Corner Speakers in excellent condition.

Klipsch has confimed the serial numbers and they came off the production line in 1967. The massive speakers stand approx 4ft. high and deliver crisp clear sound. Again the speakers are in excellent physical condition with only a couple very small nicks.

Pictures available upon request.

Buyer is responsible for transport and/or all shipping costs.

Serious buyers only please.

http://www.craigslist.org/eby/ele/26264789.html

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing GullahIsland... fini had already touted me on these but I thought them better for JorJen's den. Last Sunday I picked up another pair of Klipschorns and a Belle that better fit the project that was started with my other pair of Klipschorns... and the two Belles I brought from you.

There's nothing quite like the music of four Belles with only one ubiquitous Clapper entranced at every corner by Klipschorns... Life IS Good! 16.gif -HornEd

Just for clarification...This is NOT the pair that "fini" just picked up. It is yet another pair of K-horns available in NorCal. That makes the FOURTH pair in the last week that I know of!!

One pair for fini - (I guess they were in Roseville or Auburn?)

One pair (plus a Belle) for HornEd - (In Bonny Doon)

One pair for Jordan (not sure what his moniker is on this site) - (In Tracy)

And now...ANOTHER pair. Whew! - (North Bay Area - El Cerrito?)

Somebody better get 'em. Isn't '67 a particularly good year??

Good for you fini. Maybe you should keep your Cornwalls, put K-horns in each corner and stack your Corns (top one inverted) for a 5 channel music system.

Then you wouldn't need that quilt over the window any more. A couple of Corns make for a lovely window treatment. I'm sure your wife would agree 2.gif

I think that Jordan (JorJen on the Forum} lives in Tracy and just missed the Khorns in Bonny Doon. fini and I both steered him to the East Bay vintage Khorns. I've been looking to pick up certain kinds of Khorns and Belles only to have to go as far as Atlanta to find them. I have never seen the Khorn & Belle pickings as fertile in this area since the big Silicon Valley tumble of a few years ago.

Our cornerless (for the moment) fini has a sharp eye for all things Heritage... those in NorCal that seek Klipschorns, Belles, Corns, and such ought to drop him a pm or email. It will give him something other than the "7-word" game to do and driving around pretty girls twice a day! And maybe more on the weekends!! What a dream job!!! 9.gif -HornEd

The '67's will have the Type "A" crossover in them, and the usual driver complement K-77, K-55V, & K-33. Great year! When I got my '88's I had the choice to get a pair of '67's but opted for the newer set with banana plug inputs plus they were in Oak. Ah! the thrill of getting Khorns, gotta love it!9.gif

I believe it is JorJen that I'm referring to, but he lives in Merced. I directed him to the pair in Bonny Doon, but you had already beat him to it!

I also put him in touch with a gentleman whom I met when I sold my Belles (to none other then Mr. HornEd himself!) who had asked me about trading my Belles for his K-horns. I guess he doesn't have proper corners and the WAF of the Belles has him looking.

This gentleman's name is Jim and he lives in Tracy. His K-horns were never listed on Ebay, AudiogoN or this Forum. Perhaps I'm stealing his thunder, but Jordan (JorJen) is in fact purchasing the K-horns and picking them up this weekend!

9.gif

Wow, that's good for Jordan... and I sure would have traded your Belles for his Khorns in a New York Minute... providing they were the kind of Khorns that I am seeking. That would have given me six Khorns and two Belles... which my next project requires. Ah, well, such is life! I'll be talking to you soon. -HornEd

Thanks HornEd, Fini and Gullah for keeping an eye out for me, you guys are exceptional gentlemen to say the least. I have a solid deal going with the fellow in Tracy. Still waiting on a few particulars(not that I really care mind you)2.gif. May not be this weekend though as he has to let me know when I can head up his way(45 minutes)to pick them up. The guy from the Bay is sending me pics of his Horns this evening. Wanted to have some info on those just in case something goes sideways on the other ones all of a sudden(not on my part). When I get the pics and info, I will pass them along to you fellas for a look see.

Due to the help and watchful eyes of you gents, this is truly a dream that looks like it will soon be fulfilled....muchas gracias!

We are all glad for you... if for some reason you don't do the deal, I would like appreciate your letting me know and I might do it depending upon the year and finish... or perhaps the other if you would email me the info. It's nice to have a Forum where folks can take care of one another. -HornEd

Oh, almost forgot. The fellow in Tracy that I am working with on the Horns is looking for a set of Walnut Belles to put in the Horns place. He will then have 3 Belles in front with La Scalas in rear. Just thought I would add that as I told him I would help him in his search.

----------------

On 3/12/2004 6:59:53 PM jorjen wrote:

Oh, almost forgot. The fellow in Tracy that I am working with on the Horns is looking for a set of Walnut Belles to put in the Horns place. He will then have 3 Belles in front with La Scalas in rear. Just thought I would add that as I told him I would help him in his search.

----------------

jorjen,

I have a pair of 75 Walnut Belles and would definitely consider the trade.

I'll send you by telephone number, or you can contact me by email.

e_long@sbcglobal.net.

Klipsh out.