IQ Test

T_Shomaker

Just took the test and... It said my IQ is NEGATIVE! 6.gif And it added "We are sending two strong arms with a special vest and sedatives" and " Please remain calm you are a very stupid human being or a very brilliant beast"!

talk about a result 1.gif

----------------

On 3/13/2004 5:58:28 PM T_Shomaker wrote:

I just took a free IQ test on a website and it said it was 162. I didn't really believe this so I thought I would ask a few other people what they got on the test. So if you would like to take the test and post your score here is the website.

Thanks,

Taylor

----------------

Though I don't doubt any of the people on here are very bright--this isn't a very good IQ test.

It definitely doesn't follow the Stanford-binet concept, which is the IQ test that is the standard in the industry.

here read this--it'll make your head hurt

http://www.eskimo.com/~miyaguch/history.html#Pi%20Society

and here are the tests--they'll make your head bleed

http://www.eskimo.com/~miyaguch/hoeflin.html

some of these tests only 10 or 20 people in the world can do, and a few of them, only 5 or less in the world can do correctly. GOOD LUCK!

Keep in mind also that some say I.Q. is just a measure of how big your storage capacity is--you still have to fill it with stuff.

I wouldn't take any of this stuff too seriously.

You are what you are. All people have different mental skills which go into the mix.

E.g. I took a class in German a downtown U. of C. campus a decade ago. The real U. of C. folks seemed to have excellent memory for words. Not me.

Please think about how much of mainstream scholastic test in a classroom setting are actually recall tests. And you have 30 minutes to put it in a blue book.

Obviously someone who comes up with the answer in 40 minutes "tests" the same as someone who never will. Ecch, happens to me.

I have a friend who did excellently in school. One night we were out and I said I was going home, have a beer and read a book. She said she didn't like drinking and reading because, "The next day the image is not clear." Her words exactly. Gulp. It took a few seconds to hit home.

Yup, the often described but seldom encountered photographic memory. On the other hand, my friend does not do mechanical or electrical work, nor has any interest in math.

It is my belief that many great thinkers accomplish things by continued pondering, with some hours off. They just return to the same subject after letting the subconscious work on it. We all do.

There is a good story about Leo Szilard. He is the guy who came up with the chain - fission reaction. If the proper nucleus can hit with a neutron, then it can release two or more neutrons. These can then impact another nucleus and the whole thing takes off.

Leo was asked how he came up with this. He said he had dwelled on the problem. But then he was standing at street intersection waiting for the light to turn green. And it came to him.

Leo's friends said he was certainly not telling the truth. They said he never waited for the light to turn green before crossing.

It is interesting that even in patent law, some people just don't get the process of genius or even everyday contemplation. The great legal mind (question mark) Supreme Court Associate Justice William 0. Douglas contended that a patent should not be awarded unless it resulted from a "flash of genius." That is not the legal test in any event.

On the other hand, Tom Edison -- arguably the greatest inventor of his day -- said that his inventions were 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration. So the best inventor is saying the legal genius doesn't know what he's talking about.

My conclusion is that I.Q. tests don't reflect the benefits of pondering, traffic lights vel non, or perspiration.

Use your brain, be happy.

Gil

----------------

On 3/15/2004 5:07:32 PM RFinco wrote:

----------------

On 3/13/2004 5:58:28 PM T_Shomaker wrote:

I just took a free IQ test on a website and it said it was 162. I didn't really believe this so I thought I would ask a few other people what they got on the test. So if you would like to take the test and post your score here is the website.

Thanks,

Taylor

----------------

Though I don't doubt any of the people on here are very bright--this isn't a very good IQ test.

It definitely doesn't follow the Stanford-binet concept, which is the IQ test that is the standard in the industry.

here read this--it'll make your head hurt

and here are the tests--they'll make your head bleed

some of these tests only 10 or 20 people in the world can do, and a few of them, only 5 or less in the world can do correctly. GOOD LUCK!

Keep in mind also that some say I.Q. is just a measure of how big your storage capacity is--you still have to fill it with stuff.

----------------

WOW I just tried to do this puzzle thing and after a while I just said forget it! I guess I'll just ask my mom to have me tested again. When I was tested to get into the gifted program my IQ was 138 (I think).

----------------

----------------

WOW I just tried to do this puzzle thing and after a while I just said forget it! I guess I'll just ask my mom to have me tested again. When I was tested to get into the gifted program my IQ was 138 (I think).

----------------

I know what you are saying--I was tested in high school and it was like, 165 or so...but since then I've watched a lot of TV so after my calculations I figure I'm sitting pretty at around a solid 72.

these test on this site were just crazy...they made me give up and go play with something shiny.

----------------

On 3/15/2004 10:19:04 PM Joe Shmoe wrote:

Hey dude, don't rain on my parade LOL... I'm sticking to the test I posted... makes me almost borderline genious!
2.gif

----------------

Joe just to make you feel even better--Genius is rated at 132 (on the stanford binet scale) so you were more than borderline! congrats!

if that test is accepted--you could join mensa.

----------------

On 3/16/2004 12:33:28 AM RFinco wrote:

Joe just to make you feel even better--Genius is rated at 132 (on the stanford binet scale) so you were more than borderline! congrats!

if that test is accepted--you could join mensa.

----------------

Speaking of MENSA:

http://www.mensa.org/workout2.html?

It's just the workout - I managed 26 out of 30, which isn't too bad. At least one of my answers was a failure to consider the entire problem. Gotta be careful with this stuff! 2.gif