Best Speaker Stands

tgourlie

Right now I have my Heresy II's on 24 inch Lovan Ballet III speaker stands with all 5 pillars filled to the top with lead shot. They do an awesome job. I have no complaints about them at all. The 24 inches puts them in the best possible height for my listening position.

Here is the deal. My brother is looking for some stands for his system. I was thinking of selling my Lovans' to my brother and buying another pair for my heresy's. I would only do that if there is a better stand out there. I think I saw "target" or "targa" (something like that) stands about 3 years ago, but I can't find them anywhere. I would be looking for 24 inch, HEAVY, fillable stands with a significant spike on them.

Anyone have any ideas, or experience with some great stands. What are you using. I do not like the klipsch heresy angled risers. Although Once I get some K-horns, I will move the Heresy's to the rear and use the slant risers on the side of the heresy's and attach them to the ceiling. (I saw someone else did that on this forum, GREAT IDEA!!!!!)

The Osiris Stands certainly look good and are well made too.

Not sure I would be comfortable placing a 30+ lb Heresy II on each of them. They look more suited to small monitor and bookshelf speakers, given their top footprint measures 7.5" X 9.5 X 12". The dimensions on the Heresy II's are 21.4" (54.36cm) x 15.5" (39.37cm) x 13.2" (33.53cm). The Heresy II's size and weight makes for a lot of dangerous real-estate perched on a small footprint.

Definitely not advisable if you have little ones, or clumsy relatives who tend to lean on things!

----------------

On 3/13/2004 7:22:59 PM T_Shomaker wrote:

The heresys weigh like 40 or 50 pounds not 30. That osirus stand looks like it will hold about anything.

----------------

My concerns are not the stands ability to hold the speakers weight. It's the fact that its a lot of weight to place that high on such a small top plate.

BTW - Here's the link to Klipsch's product page for stats on the Heresy II's.

Here is the deal.  My brother is looking for some stands for his system.  I was thinking of selling my Lovans' to my brother and buying another pair for my heresy's.  I would only do that if there is a better stand out there.  I think I saw "target" or "targa" (something like that) stands about 3 years ago, but I can't find them anywhere.  I would be looking for 24 inch, HEAVY, fillable stands with a significant spike on them. 

-------------

Target went out of business about 2 years ago or so. I got some spikes from them just before they were gone. The store here I got the spikes from told me they were no longer available (too bad). They were good value for the money.

I heard a pair of Totem Signature Model Ones that were sitting on the Target stands, full of sand, and they sounded great.