Bose Bash: Round 2

DwK

Today we went to this Audio Video store near Hill Crest Hi fi....

And they have Bose, Bose Lifestyles setup with theyer systems.

They have a couple MK setups, a McIntosh setup, a Definative setup, and a couple others.

Almost ALL with Bose (ice)Cube(trays)

I started talking to this one guy, and I asked him why they sold bose, WHY they had bose in the place.

HIs imediate answer, no hisitation

"It makes us money"

That was great, I was blown away, even though I knew that was the reason.

He was like, "As long as I dont have to use them....".

It was great...

Although, it was a B&W person, he said he use to own a pair of Klipsch, but in his old age, he liked the softer sound of the B&W's.

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

I don't get it... Bose sucks right? This guy admitted this to our faces... my first question is why do people buy these things just cause they here about them on the radio and whatnot... why don't they want to look for something better? Secondly, what's with the cube thing anyways? "Look, I'm going to buy these cute little speakers that suck, why? ...because they're Bose... I know their name." That's like saying that clouds are made out of marshmellows just because your kindergarden teacher had to make up something that a 6 year-old mind could handle. Sooner or later you have to grow up.

Down with "ice cube trays!"

This message has been edited by Jo-Jo on 06-30-2001 at 11:10 PM

people buy bose because:

they have great marketing

they are readily available

they havea great reputation outside of audiophile circles

they are space-saving

sometimes people don't really care about sound, their decor is more important to them

people are not often willing to drive for hours looking in every audio/video store to find the best speakers for their needs

Which is why Klipsch needs to add a cheap amp to the Quintets, and put them in stores like Best buy and Circut City.

Bout the same size as the BOSE, and sounds alot better. And will be at the same places.

------------------

Living Room:

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

Not exaclty a CHEAP amp.

But a Mondial with few features, easy to use, and made to work with the Quintets.

I personaly think Klipsch would make a killing, and would Give alot of people good speakers. Save them from buying BOSE

------------------

Living Room:

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

This kinda brings up an interesting point. First off, as Seb said "people are not often willing to drive for hours looking in every audio/video store to find the best speakers for their needs" When it came time for me to get speakers, i made a bee line for Richmond - about 90 miles to the closest place that had Klipsch. And then had to go back again with a cargo van when it came time to pick them up (the girlfriend wasn't to hip to KLF-30's on the roof of her Saturn - go figure)

That said, i also like it when people ask me what kinda speakers i have. "Klipsch"... "huh?" Rarely do i get someone who says, "oh yea, those are great" or "I've heard of/listened to those" I usually enjoy explaining about Klipsch to people, rather than saying, oh yea, i've got CerwinVega's, or Polk's or something common. I'm curious though, what kinda reaction to you all get???

-Rich

"never heard of them"

Almost ALL the time

And if I bring up, B&W or Paradigm... even the people that have heard of Klipsch ar "huh? who are they?"

Generaly people wont believe me that Klipsch are REAL good, they go on believing theyer JBL's and what not are high end because it cost them 200-800 bucks.

Ohh well.

I know what Klipsch is, I got Klipsch, not crappy speakers.

I'm happy.

------------------

Living Room:

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

Well someone put it to me like this.

No highs

No lows

must be bose !!!!!!

I live in Atlanta and we have tweeter or hifi buys which ever you want to call it and I have heard 4 different sales guys say the same thing about bose, they are just there for mass consumption of the public. My Dad has a Bose system ( although I hate to admit that he does ) and I have a Klipsch quintet HT. He came over and yeah I blew him away. I am just glad I got more involved than to buy Bose

Jeffrey

Its funny though.

I like my Pro Medias more than the Life Style setup...

And it cost 1/3-1/5 the price.

------------------

Living Room:

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

I agree DWK, I just purchased a set of 2.1 Pro Media's for my IBM laptop and was floored! What an incredible sound! I had to do these justice and unplugged them from my laptop(wonderful sound cards in them Smile.gif )and hooked it up to my portable Panasonic diskman and WOW!!

I could hear the sound from the basement perfectly, and even outside! A little boomie now and then but totally impressive!

Who needs a stereo now, these puppies are the real McCoy, now I need a whole new desktop system with a "great sound card" to get rid of this hiss!!

These would definitely give Bose a run for their money, hell, Klipsch should even market them as such, call them "The Bose Killers" Biggrin.gif

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 07-04-2001 at 09:19 PM